What Beatles song would you most like to see Wilco cover??

Although Wilco hasn't really been playing as many covers lately... Listening to the remastered Beatles albums, I'd love to hear them take on Dear Prudence.

I think it would be incredible Jeff's cracking vocals and Nels flying in on guitar.

Any other Beatles songs or classic rock songs you would like to see Wilco cover??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would KILL at ANY show, especially Wilco, would be Sun King -through- She Came in Through the Bathroom Window from Abbey Road. Can you imagine!? Listen to that tonight and tell me that wouldn't blow your mind. Man! I'm playing it in my HEAD and I'm inspired...

Strawberry Fields

And Your Bird Can Sing

I know this isn't a Beatles-proper song, but I've always thought it'd be cool if when they hit the "My Sweet Lord" section of You Never Know that they actually segue (sp?) into actually playing a couple of bars of My Sweet Lord, then seemlessly go right back into You Never Know.

"I Want You"

It's not even close to being one of my favorite Beatles songs, but I would love to hear what Wilco could do with this one onstage. I can imagine Glenn launching into a total freakout.

I think the three guitar front would be a nice match for Get Back

I would love to see what Nels could do with George's Art Of Dying.

Poor Places always reminded me of A Day In The Life.

How about them reaching further back into the Beatles catalogue and cover I'll Be Back, No Reply or It's Only Love?

Actually I would love to hear Wilco cover Loose Fur's Hey Chicken :lol

Happiness is a Warm Gun

It's All Too Much

I totally agree with It All to Much! (My fav. Beatle song).

How About I Want You -- Jeff, Nels and Pat on the solo --- oooooh, I'm getting chills just thinking about it!

A Day In The Life would be an obvious (and perfect) choice. Nels would KILL on the end part.

Cry Baby Cry would be awesome as well. Lots of room for soft/loud dynamics there.