What Beatles song would you most like to see Wilco cover??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would KILL at ANY show, especially Wilco, would be Sun King -through- She Came in Through the Bathroom Window from Abbey Road. Can you imagine!? Listen to that tonight and tell me that wouldn't blow your mind. Man! I'm playing it in my HEAD and I'm inspired...

Yeah, this for me. The whole suite.

Reading the thread title, the song that came to mind immediately was Something. Wilco's current laid back, rustic vibe would be perfect for this tune. Then to balance it out a version of the Stones Faraway Eyes and straight into Monday.

I'm so Tired or, as mentioned before, Happiness is a Warm Gun. Or, Everybody's Got Somthing to Hide Except for Me & My Monkey. That latter would suit Nels' style.

All good choices. The more I think about it the White Album would be a great candidate for that LP cover thread.

What would KILL at ANY show, especially Wilco, would be Sun King -through- She Came in Through the Bathroom Window from Abbey Road. Can you imagine!? Listen to that tonight and tell me that wouldn't blow your mind. Man! I'm playing it in my HEAD and I'm inspired...

I've been trying to get my band to do this for YEARS! But don't end it at SCITTBW, go all the way to The End.

And walk off the stage to a recording of Her Majesty.

:thumbup

Unfortunately my "Band" only gets together about once or twice a year... :ohwell

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so Tired or, as mentioned before, Happiness is a Warm Gun. Or, Everybody's Got Somthing to Hide Except for Me & My Monkey. That latter would suit Nels' style.

These would be my choices. I would like to see JT do "I'm So Tired" solo acoustic, and full band do "Happiness is a Warm Gun".

She Said would f-ing kill. I can hear Jeff singing "I know what it's like to be dead".

Others would be Everybody's got something to hide, Girl, and You've got to hide your love away.

I noticed I picked all John songs :lol

• 1 month later...

not a Beatles song, but i couldn't find a 'what song would you like Wilco to cover' so i tagged on to this thread...driving home today, i was struck by the notion that "I'm One" from The Who would be an inspired choice of a cover for Wilco to tackle. Not sure about Pete's vocal range vis a vis Jeff's but I bet they could find a way to make it work.

Every time I hear, "A Day In The Life", I think of how I wish I could hear Wilco play it. Great thread.

With John taking the "woke up, fell out of bed..." middle?

I'd love to hear Wilco do the suite from "Abbey Road" - "Sun King" through "The End". I think this incarnation of Wilco is tailor-made to nail these songs. I know that the talk of cover versions is somewhat divisive on this forum but as I have said before I'd love for them to throw a cover or two into their current sets.

I know it's been done by U2, and it's my favorite Bono live song, hands down. However, the current iteration of Wilco is designed to rip Helter Skelter, from the triple lead guitar triumvariate of Jeff, Nels, and Pat, through the drums of Glenn, and into the Paul like bass that John could no doubt pull off, and the Mikael enhancements on the George Martinish sonic front.

I'm a Loser, Mother Nature's Son, I Don't Want to Spoil the Party, Tell Me What You See, Rain

On the George Harrison/My Sweet Lord/You Never Know topic, I would love to hear Wilco do a version of Harrison's Don't Make Me Wait Too Long. That tune has the more laid back vibe of You Never Know and I could really see the band putting their stamp on it.