What Beatles song would you most like to see Wilco cover??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that would be an amazing way to make a terrible song worse; no offense, just way so not my thing.

Poh-TAY-toh, Poh-TAH-toh.

I've talked to people who would prefer to go out and get a sandwich when they play Spiders. Go figure.

I checked Wilcobase and there's only two references of the band doing Cold Turkey, both in Amsterdam and the last time in 1997. And Tweedy didn't sing it either time.

Guest Speed Racer

I checked Wilcobase and there's only two references of the band doing Cold Turkey, both in Amsterdam and the last time in 1997. And Tweedy didn't sing it either time.

Yep, JP sang a lot of covers with the band back in the day. They did a phenomenal Immigrant Song.

I think incorporating the broader lineup, but with deeper texture of noise, Tweedy's lead style, exploring the song's riff ala Spiders (Kidsmoke). Like that.

Gotcha. I think that style of lead guitar would sound pretty good in the messy guitar break in "Taxman" or the feedback in the opening of "It's All Too Much." But the coda to "She's so Heavy" would probably be a good fit for a noisy Wilco crescendo...but I suppose that's why everyone says "A Day in the Life" would be such a perfect tune for Wilco to play.

"Hey Bulldog"

Just thinking about Jeff playing that riff makes me nod my head and say, "Yes! Yes, that would be quite awesome, indeed."

I'm currently in a Let it Be (an often under-rated album, IMO) phase, and can totally imagine Wilco covering "Across the Universe" or "Don't Let Me Down"

I second this completely .. "don't let me down" ... how great that would be..