6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you re-use boxes at Christmastime?

• Yes, over and over till they disintegrate
    • Sometimes, if they are in pristine condition
    • No, one and done, and get new ones each year

The clothing boxes you get from the store. You know. The thin white ones which usually have the store name on them.

We always reused the boxes growing up. I still do. Re-tape the little corner thingies when the glue lets go. Fold them up oh-so-carefully on New Years and put them away for next year. Match tops and bottoms so it's easier next year. It's just something we do... tomorrow we'll open boxes circa 1997.

This has led to the #1 slogan in our family on Christmas morning: "NTTB" (Never Trust The Box). The kids have learned not to get all excited and go "OH COOL IT'S FROM THE GAP!!!" only to find boxers from Target or a book or whatnot. That said, there have been PS/2 games in JC Penney boxes, so it all evens out. ;)

I do spring for fresh tissue paper, however. Just sayin.

I didn't vote because I don't use boxes. If the gift is oddly shaped, it doesn't matter because I am so inept at wrapping that even a perfectly square gift looks like a 3 year old wrapped it. It is now a holiday tradition to mock my horribly wrapped but extremely thoughtful gifts.

With that said, I hope the reuse option wins in a landslide. Remember to Reduce, Reuse, and Recylce.