Best bootleg/live concert!

Hiya all, never posted here before but have been following some of the interesting discussions on this forum. Wilco is great, and I discovered lots of other cool bands cause of you (or learned to appreciate some of them more).

I now have a question though. Which live recordings/bootlegs are essential to listen to? I got some from their roadcase and they all sound great, but there are so many released recordings on the wilco archive I dont know where to start!!!

I am really looking for a good quality, comparable to Kicking Television, recording with some essential live versions of songs. Don't care which songs, as long as the live versions of them are the best possible :)

Thanks in advance,

byebye

Kicking Television is a mutli-track recording. You are not going such a thing out there. What you are going to find are AUD, SBD, FM, and Webstream sourced shows.

Here are some links to threads where the same question has been asked:

Best Wilco Shows of all time? (March 2008)

Top Downloadable Show (June 2009)

Favorites? (June 2009)

Favorite live shows (August 2009)

Hiya all, never posted here before but have been following some of the interesting discussions on this forum. Wilco is great, and I discovered lots of other cool bands cause of you (or learned to appreciate some of them more).

I now have a question though. Which live recordings/bootlegs are essential to listen to? I got some from their roadcase and they all sound great, but there are so many released recordings on the wilco archive I dont know where to start!!!

I am really looking for a good quality, comparable to Kicking Television, recording with some essential live versions of songs. Don't care which songs, as long as the live versions of them are the best possible :)

Thanks in advance,

byebye

Have you downloaded the Ashes tracks? Also, the webstream sources of the three St. Louis shows (5/15/08, 5/16/08, and 5/17/08) are essential to me..excellent sound and great setlists

I recently downloaded the London, Apollo show from 2005. It's a soundboard show - so the quality is great. Pretty great setlist - for my taste.

Also the Greek Theatre show from 8/24/07. This is a matrix source and also sounds great. Another great setlist. Gotta love a Sunken Treasure opener and In A Future Age>Spiders (Kidsmoke).