Jeff Tweedy (solo acoustic) Phoenix, AZ 12/27/09

Major (and very sweet) family vibe to this show, with Jeff dedicating two songs each to his sister and to Susan, as well as sharing some of Sammy's comments on the epic zucchinis vs. cucumbers debate. Seeing this gig made me realize how rare these solo shows are nowadays, so this one-off date was a welcome opportunity. "So Much Wine" was epic and timely, I hadn't heard any performance of "Country Disappeared" since Bridge School, and "Spiders" brought to mind those early performances of the song back in 2001 (!!). What a holiday treat!

Just got back from Phoenix. The show was awesome. The Orpheum Theatre in downtown Phoenix is the most gorgeous art deco theatre I've ever been in and a perfect venue for a post-Christmas solo Tweedy show. Walking into the place was a spiritual moment in itself. The acoustics were so damn good. Jeff sounded fantastic!

an amazing show! crowd in my area (15th row/dead center) was silent except when encouraged to sing along with jesus, etc. i agree the show was a few songs shorter than i expected but what a blast. was thrilled when he announced a phx show and he certainly didn't disappoint.

I was pretty close to you. Row 13 dead center. I really enjoyed the sound during the last two songs. That theater is so acoustically devine and Jeff projected perfectly. Hearing the acoustic and his voice in the natural state was stellar.

If anyone can make cover art that would be greatly appreciated. Here's how it's split:

CD1

1.Sunken Treasure

2.Remember The Mountain Bed

3.Please Tell My Brother

4.Hummingbird

5.Country Disappeared

6.Ruling Class

7.I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

8.Bob Dyaln's 49th Beard

9.You And I

10.Muzzle Of Bees

11.How To Fight Loneliness

12.Impossible Germany

13.In A Future Age

14.Passenger Side

15.So Much Wine (The Handsome Family)

16.Spiders

CD2

17.A Shot In The Arm

18.Heavy Metal Drummer

19.Jesus, Etc...

20.I'm The Man Who Loves You

21.Someone Else's Song (No P.A.)

22.Acuff-Rose (No P.A.)

Someone already posted the show along with art. Wilco/Tweedy solo is the only show I can tape and anticipate 3 other sources materializing. It's happened so many times to me, I almost feel comfortable not taping. But I still do as the show I don't tape will be the one no one else tapes. So go figure, there's 3 sources for this show. And with better sounding recordings of the literally unplugged songs. Thanks to the other tapers out there!!!

Someone already posted the show along with art. Wilco/Tweedy solo is the only show I can tape and anticipate 3 other sources materializing. It's happened so many times to me, I almost feel comfortable not taping. But I still do as the show I don't tape will be the one no one else tapes. So go figure, there's 3 sources for this show. And with better sounding recordings of the literally unplugged songs. Thanks to the other tapers out there!!!

Where are the links to the show? I looked on the Bear page and didn't see the it posted there. Is it verboten to give a link? I'd love to hear Jeff play acoustic.

Thanks!!

Where are the links to the show? I looked on the Bear page and didn't see the it posted there. Is it verboten to give a link? I'd love to hear Jeff play acoustic.

Thanks!!

You can find it here: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=531198

That's the balcony recording. Has anyone seen the recording from the guy who had a mike stand on the floor? It's not that I don't appreciate the balcony one (I treasure it at the moment), but I'm wondering if the other guy is one of the other two tapers you mentioned? Would love to hear how that sounds or to help produce covers - whatever.

That's the balcony recording. Has anyone seen the recording from the guy who had a mike stand on the floor? It's not that I don't appreciate the balcony one (I treasure it at the moment), but I'm wondering if the other guy is one of the other two tapers you mentioned? Would love to hear how that sounds or to help produce covers - whatever.

I have not seen any other sources - as of a few minutes ago.

Hello Luke,

I would be interested in your offer. jlarnold09@tds.net

I have a fun solo show from Madison in November 2005 that I would be willing to share. It was the first show of the tour (the end of which was documented in the Sunken Treasure DVD).

Thanks!

Josh

If someone would like to take the wav file of this show, eq and track it I can upload it to yousend or megaupload. I have papers to write so I won't be getting to it for a bit. You might want to use a little hiss reduction as it was an extremely quiet show, so there's a slight hiss in the quieter parts. Not bad, just slightly noticeable. Acuff rose turned out ok, but Someone Else's Song it barely audible. Anyways, let me know.

Thanks, Luke

I transfered the show, minus the hiss reduction. It pales in comparison to what's posted elsewhere. But I can send it to you if you'd like. It's listenable, save for the last 2 songs which were hard to pick up from seat in the balcony.