Now Playing: January, 2010

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

exactly the same thing that happened to me. Wasn't feeling it at first, but I love it now.

it's SOOOOO freakin' great. i loved their debut and was a tad bit let down by Devotion, but this one eclipses both.

guessing it gets a 9.2 or so and Best New Music on Pfork either tomorrow or Tue, and rightfully so (esp. considering they gave Contra an 8.6 stunned.gif)

that said, the new Besnard Lakes is up there with Teen Dream for me... but it's not quite as pleasurable of a listen, mostly more adventurous/epic.

they sounded real nice on Fallon... i really hope they bring that drummer along on tour, as i think this new one is a bit too full for just the 2 of them like usual.

5141XHQ14BL._SL500_AA240_.jpg412MAG1RKAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51PGKMT21YL._SL500_AA240_.jpg416V03MF4WL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Shrimp Boat - Something Grand (disc 3)

Margo Guryan mix

Richard Thompson - 1000 Years of Popular Music

Thin Lizzy - BBC Radio One Live In Concert

I have been singing the praises of this guy for several years. This is alternately the creepiest and most poignant cd of breakup songs. If it is autobiographical, he went through a REALLY bad breakup. Songs about anguished rememberance, stalking and a failure to move on all set to glorious pop melodies.

I am kind of surprised Sir Stew hasn't ever mentioned this guy (Bleu is a Bostonian)

cd-cover.jpg

I have been singing the praises of this guy for several years. This is alternately the creepiest and most poignant cd of breakup songs. If it is autobiographical, he went through a REALLY bad breakup. Songs about anguished rememberance, stalking and a failure to move on all set to glorious pop melodies.

I am kind of surprised Sir Stew hasn't ever mentioned this guy (Bleu is a Bostonian)

cd-cover.jpg

I've had a few people recommend this guy to me at various points in time. I really should get around to listening to some of his stuff. Is this record a good place to start or are there other records that would be better?

Thanks for reminding me, by the way.

I've had a few people recommend this guy to me at various points in time. I really should get around to listening to some of his stuff. Is this record a good place to start or are there other records that would be better?

Thanks for reminding me, by the way.

Yes...

His newer one (Watched Pot) is pretty damn good also.

Warren-Zevon-Excitable-Boy-464707.jpg

Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy

51%2B-%2BoQ3piL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Beach House - Devotion

that thing is f'n HILARIOUS. def check out the DVD if you get a chance

I was listening to it on Spinner and I had to contain myself multiple times. He's done great work in Parks And Recreation, so I figured I'd give it a listen, and it's pretty good.

Charlotte_Gainsbourg_-_IRM.jpg

I'm surprised by the space the album creates.

I can't escape the allure of Heaven Can Wait.

51VGFXFDBVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg51KhhlPwKNL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41S6EVX787L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

519VGHJQHQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg333c81b0c8a04d3828b0b110.L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Fantomas - Amenaza al Mundo

Joe Pisapia - Daydreams

Self - Gizmodgery

Wire - Pink Flag

Souled American - Around the Horn

That Fantomas record is kicking my ass all over the place. I really need to get into more Patton stuff; he is woefully unrepresented in my music collection.