East Coast Spring Tour 2010

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I'm glad their doing a presale but this method sucks. They should do what the Grateful Dead did.....go old fashioned mail order. You send them money, and the send you tickets. And very cool looking tickets too!

ahhh...i remember those days. I remember doing mailorder for a string of CA shows, getting amazing mail orders (yes, gorgeous tickets)...only to have Garcia fall ill and cancel that tour (jeesh, that would have been '92, right?)

ugh. oh well, i give up on this.

well, dang. If I'd known you were going to Atlanta, I would've tried for tix. Too late now, as I've decided to go north. :D

Dang. It would have been good to see you again. Why no ATL? The Fox is fantastic plus you'll miss The Grifter and BabyDoll,as Ben and his wife are the reason for 4. I almost told him "NO! Get your own pair. You'll muck up my seats!". I'm too nice of a guy.

Whoa! (cue surprised Neo)

I got one for Boston. Row M seat 206. Now I need to logon to see my seat.

:ninja

Congrats! I'm periodically refreshing for the heck of it, but the website only gets my hopes up when it lists ticket quantities before telling me they're sold out so maybe I'll just give up.

FYI, if you do what I did, and stupidly click through the order without reading the screens carefully because you are on the phone attempting to "work" at the same time as order the tickets, and order the wrong pair of tickets (balcony instead of GA), Front Gate will nicely give you a refund if you call them and politely explain the situation. I mention this because the official policy is no cancellations or refunds, but they seem to be willing to make exceptions to this.

Anyway, picked up two floor tickets for Miami Beach. :dancing

I haven't logged in for a very, very long time. Nothing like a presale morning to get everyone all amped up. Looks like I'm in for Durham in row 12, making the triumphant return to RVA for what will be a very initmate show at the National and on to Bethesda row 3. Thanks to Courtney for her fast fingers. They kept me in the waiting room for sometime. They should play the Fugazi hit of the same name while you're in there chilling. See ya'll soon enough.

Congrats! I'm periodically refreshing for the heck of it, but the website only gets my hopes up when it lists ticket quantities before telling me they're sold out so maybe I'll just give up.

Thanks!

On my "curious" search for what was left in Concord, I did 3 searches.

And in my box I had 3 tickets for all 3 searches and I was like "WTF"!! $130 buckeroos!

So make sure that if you find a ticket that you don't like X it out of your queue before you X out of your web browser. This may be how tickets are stuck in cyberspace?

Unless they're leaked out in about half an hour, I think Boston's cooked. I'm actually kind of PO'ed right now, this has to be the worst ticketing provider in history; I was logged out at least five times merely for clicking "Choose By Section" and/or trying to buy them. Between that and some people being charged $10 for shipping, I never thought I'd say this, but at least Ticketmaster doesn't pull shennanigans this bad.

I totally agree.. This is the worst ticketing system I have ever used hands down. Logging you out, putting you in a waiting room, event not available.. Etc.. For those that got tickets, whats the trick to this 3rd rate ticketing system so I know for next time?

FYI, if you do what I did, and stupidly click through the order without reading the screens carefully because you are on the phone attempting to "work" at the same time as order the tickets, and order the wrong pair of tickets (balcony instead of GA), Front Gate will nicely give you a refund if you call them and politely explain the situation. I mention this because the official policy is no cancellations or refunds, but they seem to be willing to make exceptions to this.

Anyway, picked up two floor tickets for Miami Beach. :dancing

I almost did that but figuered it out just before the order page....I got GA too....lets party

Dang. It would have been good to see you again. Why no ATL? The Fox is fantastic plus you'll miss The Grifter and BabyDoll,as Ben and his wife are the reason for 4. I almost told him "NO! Get your own pair. You'll muck up my seats!". I'm too nice of a guy.

Oh yeah, I love the Fox. I saw Wilco there in 2004. That Ben is something but I'm sure I don't need to tell you that. :lol

I decided on Richmond because I have friends there and they keep inviting me to visit, so this seemed like a good time to go. I usually go to Atlanta for shows, but my friends there just moved to Missouri. I still may go, you never know!

I haven't logged in for a very, very long time. Nothing like a presale morning to get everyone all amped up. Looks like I'm in for Durham in row 12, making the triumphant return to RVA for what will be a very initmate show at the National and on to Bethesda row 3. Thanks to Courtney for her fast fingers. They kept me in the waiting room for sometime. They should play the Fugazi hit of the same name while you're in there chilling. See ya'll soon enough.

That's cool! Hope to see you guys in Richmond. Are Heather and Russ going?

I still may go, you never know!

Do you mean it or did you just say that because it sounds Wilcool?

I totally agree.. This is the worst ticketing system I have ever used hands down. Logging you out, putting you in a waiting room, event not available.. Etc.. For those that got tickets, whats the trick to this 3rd rate ticketing system so I know for next time?

The strange thing is I think this website did their ticketing last summer and I had no problems then. Unless Wilco has gotten 100x bigger in the Boston area over the last six months, I'm not sure what the problem was. I'd like to cut them some slack and say their servers were hammered, but, as everyone's favorite Bluth likes to say, "COME ON!" I wonder how bad my Ticketmaster seats are going to be...

If I had a car I'd see them in NH or RI, but alas, that's the fate of a poor college student.

Anyone else notice that we got charged the DAY OF price for Concord tickets?

I think I saw $35 on the official venue site and via Higher Ground.

Hmm. Oh well, but $2 adds up quick when you buy a pair.

The strange thing is I think this website did their ticketing last summer and I had no problems then. Unless Wilco has gotten 100x bigger in the Boston area over the last six months, I'm not sure what the problem was. I'd like to cut them some slack and say their servers were hammered, but, as everyone's favorite Bluth likes to say, "COME ON!" I wonder how bad my Ticketmaster seats are going to be...

If I had a car I'd see them in NH or RI, but alas, that's the fate of a poor college student.

i think the demand is high...Wilco hasn't played a proper Boston date (ie, in the city) in a while. wasn't the last one outside @ the Bank of America Pavilion in '06?

i think the demand is high...Wilco hasn't played a proper Boston date (ie, in the city) in a while. wasn't the last one outside @ the Bank of America Pavilion in '06?

Yeah, 2007.

I was thinking that this is an appetizer to a proper Boston summer show in that same venue in say July or August or September. The Orpheum is just way too small for all of the Boston fans to fit in.

Anyone else notice that we got charged the DAY OF price for Concord tickets?

I think I saw $35 on the official venue site and via Higher Ground.

Hmm. Oh well, but $2 adds up quick when you buy a pair.

i didn't notice that...kinda lame but clearly the consumer is in no position to complain...

i got row R center section. not bad, about 15 rows back. i tried boston first...i wonder what seats i could have had if i'd tried concord first.

so my question is, as a Frontgate/Wilco pre-sale newbie - about how many tickets are made available for pre sales, generally? when general sale happens, do you still have a shot at good seats?

my last couple of Boston area Wilco shows i feel like i didn't have this trouble.