• 2 weeks later...

Cowboy Poet, is that the same Airline as the one Jack White has? If so check out his modified version, he had the cutaway cut out a bit more, & added a harmonica mic to it!

Did he do that to his Airline too?? I saw in "It Might Get Loud" that he did it to a Gretsch, and added a third pick up. Pretty cool stuff.

I know Jack plays an Airline like that, usually with the Raconteurs, but I'd imagine he uses an original Airline, made of plastic, like red and white one from the White Stripes.

To be honest I can't decide between an Airline Town and Country (Eastwood) and a Telecaster. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I've been wanting to get a baritone guitar for a while. They're pretty hard to find these days but I did find a local company (Eastwood) that produces them. I ordered their Sidejack Baritone DLX yesterday:

sidejackbaritonedlxblack.jpg

I'll be picking it up tomorrow or Thursday.

I also wanted to get one of these from them but the guy said they won't have them in for at least 2-3 months:

ot_Blu-airlineLap.jpg

I also wanted to get one of these from them but the guy said they won't have them in for at least 2-3 months:

ot_Blu-airlineLap.jpg

I have been wanting a lap steel for awhile and that one looks amazing. What does one of these run?

I have been wanting a lap steel for awhile and that one looks amazing. What does one of these run?

It goes for $349 and you have three choices for colors: red, black, or metallic blue. I think I'm leaning towards the metallic blue.

You can check these out along with all the other Eastwood instruments here (some cool stuff there):

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/

Lucite guitar, custom-built by Geoff Benge

gretsch_lucite_custom.jpg

More like it HERE.

I'm sorry but I can't see how that thing doesn't sound like plastic... shit. I guess with the right amp and a pedal or two, you can squeeze out some tolerable tones, but just..... yuck....

I'm sorry but I can't see how that thing doesn't sound like plastic... shit. I guess with the right amp and a pedal or two, you can squeeze out some tolerable tones, but just..... yuck....

You misunderstimate Geoff. The guy is a fucking magician.

And, are you familiar with the old Dan Armstrong lucite guitars? They were played by Georgia Satellites and sounded pretty damn good on those songs. I have a feeling that these are even an improvement on those.

And, are you familiar with the old Dan Armstrong lucite guitars? They were played by Georgia Satellites and sounded pretty damn good on those songs.

Dave Grohl played one in concert when I saw the Foo Fighters. Joe Perry played one for awhile as well.

I played one a long time ago and remember it being very heavy (as in weight, not tone).

You misunderstimate Geoff. The guy is a fucking magician.

And, are you familiar with the old Dan Armstrong lucite guitars? They were played by Georgia Satellites and sounded pretty damn good on those songs. I have a feeling that these are even an improvement on those.

Yeah, guess I can't really judge them until I play one... I just don't see how anything other than wood would resinate properly.. But again, just dont' know enough about them.

I saw Rob Zombie in concert once. His guitarist's both had plastic guitars. They were actually hollowed out with fake blood inside them. Ever once in a while they would turn them upside down and the blood would pour all over them... It was horrifyingly awesome.

Yeah, guess I can't really judge them until I play one... I just don't see how anything other than wood would resinate properly.. But again, just dont' know enough about them.

I saw Rob Zombie in concert once. His guitarist's both had plastic guitars. They were actually hollowed out with fake blood inside them. Ever once in a while they would turn them upside down and the blood would pour all over them... It was horrifyingly awesome.

Horrifying ... yes. Awesome ... no

Admittedly, I am not an electric guitar guy (don't own a single one), but for me the best looking electric is the most simple (and on of the first solid bodies ever): the Telecaster. I especially think white ones with rosewood fretboards are the best flavor.

30U-16078_front.jpg

I've been eyeballing Eastwood for a while but I've read varying reports about quality control. They are eye-candy, to be sure, and the prices are generally reasonable. Please let us know how that Sidejack treats you.

I picked up my Eastwood baritone today:

EastwoodSidejackBaritoneDLX.jpg

So far so good. The set-up and appearance of the guitar is very good. I'm loving the deep tones; it's already inspired 2 new songs.

I picked up my Eastwood baritone today:

EastwoodSidejackBaritoneDLX.jpg

So far so good. The set-up and appearance of the guitar is very good. I'm loving the deep tones; it's already inspired 2 new songs.

That's a beauty. Would love to hear how it sounds.