With Sunday's episode (5/9), I feel like this series is finally done warming up and starting to hit its stride. I was getting a bit bored and frustrated with the slow pace, but the whole thing seemed to pick up some steam with this latest episode, and they've captured my attention again. Now hopefully they'll keep this momentum going.

I recall having similar trouble at the start of "The Wire," though I don't think it lasted four episodes. I guess they just do things at their own speed down in N'awlins.

This show has grown on me more and more with each passing episode. I love the setting--location and time--of the show, the diverse characters, and--unlike cryptique--the unrushed natural pace of the story. I also dig that music is one of the major characters; the show is a great big love letter to New Orleans music and music in general. Considering the current state of music on television and radio this show is a breath of fresh air to my ears.

Like SFrog above, I'm coming around to the Steve Zahn character a bit more with each episode. He can be a bit of a dick, but I like his enthusiasm, and his heart seems to be in the right place even when his words aren't. He's stubborn, but the character shows potential to change as the scene after his neighbors helped him showed.

I'm also loving the musical cameos: Allen Toussaint, Dr. John, Steve Earle, Elvis Costello... looking forward to see who else shows up.

I love the setting--location and time--of the show, the diverse characters, and--unlike cryptique--the unrushed natural pace of the story.

To the contrary, I don't want the pace to be rushed ... but for a few episodes in a row, there didn't seem to be much pace at all. I need *some* story to keep me going, but instead they were spinning their wheels, merely exploring the characters, rather than propelling them forward in any kind of interesting narrative. This last episode took the car out of the driveway and edged it out onto the road. With luck, that road will remain a pleasant side street and not a superhighway.

• 1 month later...

I don't know about y'all but I'm still loving this show big time. The sense of forebodding watching the Goodman character go about his day in the last episode was palpable. You just knew things weren't going to end up well. The scenes on the ferry and the shot of his car in the empty parking lot at the end was simple, understated and very powerful.

• 1 year later...

Dredging up this old thread but I'm watching season 2 of Treme on dvd and it's just so good. I love the way music is woven through the show -- I love most New Orleans music anyway (especially trad'l jazz and brass band), but often when I listen to it at home on the stereo it suffers from lack of context. The show puts it all in context, and damn, do I love watching Wendell Pierce blow that trombone! Also, the jazz funeral at the end of episode 5 is heart-stopping. Any other fans of the show out there?

Yes! I'm a big, big fan of Treme.

I have always loved New Orleans music, but kind of got away from it for a long time, but Treme brought me right back. :)

I finished up with season two a few weeks back, but still need to watch the extras and listen to the commentaries.

I do think some of the main characters were a bit too isolated this season, compared to season one - for example Janette the chef, and Ladonna the bar owner. But overall, I just love the show - it manages to portray so many aspects of New Orleans culture.