10 worst guitarists of all time!

• 4 months later...

Its good to see some intelligent people still exist and know a joke when they see one. So I just wanted to say thanks for appreciating our lame attempt at humour. Although we do have a lot of serious meaningful info on our website its always good to have a laugh isn't it? So if you guys want another chuckle you might want to see this or this

i know this is supposed to be funny, but dave grohl is a damn good guitarist. not a fan of foo fighters at all, but i respect the fucking shit out of that guy. it is staggering that he was the drummer in nirvana (a genre defining band) AND is one of the best rock drummers in history AND not only plays guitar well, but is a riff master and writes smash hits. incredible.

Grohl is a good guitarist, and a great songwriter for what the Foo Fighters are. But nothing will ever touch his drumming, which is among the best I've ever heard (and had the fortune of seeing in person).

I saw him do Everlong solo at the 9:30 Club this past Monday, then he played guitar on a few Bad Brains covers with three of the guys from Scream. I'd never seen him play guitar in that type of sound, and he rocked.

i know this is supposed to be funny, but dave grohl is a damn good guitarist. not a fan of foo fighters at all, but i respect the fucking shit out of that guy. it is staggering that he was the drummer in nirvana (a genre defining band) AND is one of the best rock drummers in history AND not only plays guitar well, but is a riff master and writes smash hits. incredible.

This (except I am a fan of the Foo fighters).

You can argue about his guitar playing (although He is way better than people give him credit for) but his drumming should not even be up for debate. Listen to the Queens of the Stone age stuff if you don't like the Foos. Amazing drumming.

and dave grohl has never written a good song

there's lots of folks who would disagree with you. lots. i'm not a fan though. gotta give the guy credit though. and, he's def got his own drum sound which is saying a lot.

This (except I am a fan of the Foo fighters).

You can argue about his guitar playing (although He is way better than people give him credit for) but his drumming should not even be up for debate. Listen to the Queens of the Stone age stuff if you don't like the Foos. Amazing drumming.

well, when i initially posted about this, i wasn't considering him a technically amazing guitarist. he's not, like tweedy is not. but he has what the technically proficient do not have, feeling. he can write a catchy riff like nobody's business. again, not a fan, but if i went to see foos in concert, i'd probably know every song...just like if i went to see john mellencamp, tom petty, cold play etc. in a world of hip hop shite the fact that foo fighters are a pop standard is pretty neat. (not to mention the dude is a drummer and when his first band broke up he picked up the guitar and started another band that became as, if not more, popular).

Dave Grohl is a great rhythm guitarist. Kurt Cobain should be on that list instead.

Jack White and Neil Young are two of my favorite guitarist, for what it's worth.