• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0707_large.jpg

290px-Bill21.jpg

I think Pulsipher served me a taco the other day.

That's about as excited I would be if Smoltz became a Met. Actually, the more accurate emoticon would be: :throwup

Seaver, Koosman & Ryan, part DOH!!!

How about Seaver, Koosman and Gentry part You wish

How about Seaver, Koosman and Getry part You wish

Props for the Gentry reference. Ryan was not really that great with the Mets, it bears remembering, though that's where he got his ring. He did pitch well in the 1969 postseason - including a seven-inning victory in relief of Gentry - and showed some promise, but couldn't get in to what was then a four-man rotation.

Props for the Gentry reference. Ryan was not really that great with the Mets, it bears remembering, though that's where he got his ring. He did pitch well in the 1969 postseason - including a seven-inning victory in relief of Gentry - and showed some promise, but couldn't get in to what was then a four-man rotation.

I knew there was another guy, but I couldn't remember the fucker's name.

Ryan competed with Jim McAndrew and Don Cardwell at the bottom of the Mets' rotation.

Ryan competed with Jim McAndrew and Don Cardwell at the bottom of the Mets' rotation.

I know he didn't do much for the Mets. Ryan said later he was just trying to stick around long enough to qualify for MLB's pension plan. I've also forgotten whom they traded him for.

I know he didn't do much for the Mets. Ryan said later he was just trying to stick around long enough to qualify for MLB's pension plan. I've also forgotten whom they traded him for.

December 10, 1971: Traded by the New York Mets with Frank Estrada, Don Rose and Leroy Stanton to the California Angels for Jim Fregosi.

Twins and "Next Great Yankee/Red Sox catcher" Joe Mauer reportedly agree to 10 year deal.

This is good for baseball.

I would expect something in the 190-200 million dollar range.

not quite a done deal... but sounding very promising