:lol

Forgot about that!

That was a good one.

For me he epitomizes the very thin margin between success and failure in major league baseball. There were times early in his career where he really was unhittable, and, as we all saw, there were times when he was really really hittable.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was awesome for the Marlins a few years back. He didn't pitch particularly well, but he was a lot of fun to watch with all of his tics and stuff.

At one point the umpire called a balk on him for doing the same thing he does everytime he pitched. On his next pitch he does the exact same thing, but much more exaggerated. It was pretty funny.

Say what you want about the guy, but he's got personality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9EXsRiNWo0

With Japanese announcers, no less!

Kim got messed up with the bullpen-by-committe fiasco. Regardless, he was pretty inefficiant as a starter for BOS (though did decent as a closer), even though I believe he started that 25 to-(single digit) rout of FLA towards the end of his first season with BOS.

Kim got messed up with the bullpen-by-committe fiasco. Regardless, he was pretty inefficiant as a starter for BOS (though did decent as a closer), even though I believe he started that 25 to-(single digit) rout of FLA towards the end of his first season with BOS.

In 03?

Christ, that was awful. I think we were down at one point like 24-6 and we brought in a mop up reliever and on like the 2nd batter he faced, he got hit with a come backer and had to be taken off on a stretcher...

In 03?

Christ, that was awful. I think we were down at one point like 24-6 and we brought in a mop up reliever and on like the 2nd batter he faced, he got hit with a come backer and had to be taken off on a stretcher...

Exactly. Todd Walker's hit nailed him in the head. That wasn't pretty to watch.

There was a brawl in the game, too.

Didn't the Sox steal a base when they were up like 14-0 in the first, or something?

I don't specifically recall that but I do remember McKeon being pretty hot after the game and accusing BOS of trying to run up the score....

Pavana and whomever followed him in the 1st inning were tgged for 10 or 11 runs and 0 IP. That's bizarre.

I don't specifically recall that but I do remember McKeon being pretty hot after the game and accusing BOS of trying to run up the score....

Pavana and whomever followed him in the 1st inning were tgged for 10 or 11 runs and 0 IP. That's bizarre.

It's Pavano.

Dolt.

College games start next week!

Yes they do!

I've been down to FIU's practice a couple of times because I was going to be the beat for our paper, but I can't do it anymore, so I'll just be a fan.

I would like to point out that after I defended the Omar Vizquel and Andruw Jones signings as quality bench pieces, the White Sox have held firm on the ridiculous notion that they need "flexibility" at the DH spot. That is to say, they don't want to go the conventional route of using one good hitter as the DH. If they are to be believed, they are going to use the DH spot to give position players rest. This means plenty of ABs for Vizquel, Jones, and Mark Kotsay!

Meanwhile, the Twins have filled the holes in their lineup. It seems like the Sox are wasting what may be the only year with these 4 starting pitchers.

Can't believe that no one mentioned that Kevin Millar signed a Minor League deal with the Cubs.

How did he get signed before Johnny Damon?

Both Millar and Chad Tracy signed minor league deals to compete for reserve 1B/3B. They also signed Xavier Nady to a major league deal and still have Hoffpauir. Millar's advantage is his attitude, but his disadvantage is his right-handed bat. He swears he can still play third.

Taking a flyer on a minor league deal where you only owe a percentage if you cut the player is alot different than guaranteeing money to a player like Damon. Johnny ain't signing no bush league deal. Lots of teams wouldn't mind having Damon, but only a couple may be willing to pay him close to what he and Boras deem acceptable. At this point he should take what he can get, otherwise he'll be sitting around waiting for a mid-season prorated contract from a contendeder. Financially there is a difference. $6M for a whole year or $3M to start playing in late June; may as well take market value. He wants a shot at 3000 hits. Needing 500 more, missing 50 - 100 games could bite him in the ass at the end of his career.