{{{Vibes Request}}}

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for all of the kind words and encouragement over the last few days. It's been a hell of a week. I returned home to Louisville yesterday from Athens, Georgia where the heartattack and subsequent hospital stay happened. Turns out that I have 40% blockage in my main artery, but no damage to my actual heart. Now 40% certainly is not a good thing for someone whose 35 to have, but it's not irreversable by any means. I've got some changes to make and loads of follow up to do here in Kentucky. Unfortunately I have no insurance, so things may take way longer than under better circumstances. One day at a time for now. Thanks so much again, it's been real great to meet so many of you over the years and I'm looking forward to more of the same for those spring shows. Barring any complications I'm in for the NC, VA and MD shows. Take care, Greg

Ah man, glad to hear an update from you, Greg. I'm also glad to read you are still planning on the spring Wilco shows in your region (especially Durham! ;) ) Take care of yourself and follow your doctor's orders (as best you can)! :cheekkiss

PS - Did you get to see any shows while you were in Athens before your heart attack? :upset If not, this will definitely go down as the worst road trip ever! :ohwell

Ohhh Greg -- I am so sorry to have seen this. You are one of the nicest people that I have met on this board, and I was so gratified to see so many well wishers who clearly think the same as I do! Please get well and take care of yourself!

Lots of love and healing vibes --

Edie

Ah man, glad to hear an update from you, Greg. I'm also glad to read you are still planning on the spring Wilco shows in your region (especially Durham! ;) ) Take care of yourself and follow your doctor's orders (as best you can)! :cheekkiss

PS - Did you get to see any shows while you were in Athens before your heart attack? :upset If not, this will definitely go down as the worst road trip ever! :ohwell

Wendy, as to the question of the shows the answer is a resounding NO! The worst part of all is that the moment the Truckers came out on stage is literally the moment the heartattack began. I walked out of the venue, began violently vomitting and was in an ambulance 30 minutes later. I need a shirt that reads "I drove 8 hours to see the Drive By Truckers and all I got was a lousy heartattack."

Edie, Thanks very much, the feeling is mutual.

Wendy, as to the question of the shows the answer is a resounding NO! The worst part of all is that the moment the Truckers came out on stage is literally the moment the heartattack began. I walked out of the venue, began violently vomitting and was in an ambulance 30 minutes later. I need a shirt that reads "I drove 8 hours to see the Drive By Truckers and all I got was a lousy heartattack."

:ohwell

At least we got to be front row in Charleston! :thumbup I hope you're feeling better!

sweet jesus, i just saw this thread. i am relieved to read you're back home. holy toledo. no more meals at the twig & leaf for awhile, eh?

damn. i'm sure having no health insurance is making this even more stressful. lay low, be well mister!

xoxo! :cheekkiss

(heather, thanks for sending up a flare here!)