Your ranking of Wilco albums

Wilco album rankings  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Which Wilco album did you buy first? (If you download single tracks, the album from which you've downloaded most tracks)

2. 2. Which Wilco album do you listen to the most (as of today)?

Wilco has released a total of eight albums. Below are the eight, listed in chronological order, each followed by their ranking in terms of album sales. (Please note that in the age of downloading single tracks, album sales may not mean much, but are provided here for anecdotal reference.)

Please rank them in order of your personal preference.

1) A.M. (1995) --> #6

2) Being There (1996) --> #3

3) Summerteeth (1999) --> #5

4) Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (2002) --> #1

5) A Ghost is Born (2004) --> #2

6) Kicking Television (2005) --> #7

7) Sky Blue Sky (2007) -- #4

8) Wilco (The Album) (2009)--> #8

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my ranking

1) Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

2) Sky Blue Sky

3) Summerteeth

4) A Ghost is Born

5) Being There

6) Wilco (The Album)

7) A.M.

8) Kicking Television

Choosing a favorite Wilco album is like being asked to choose a favorite child. On different days I might favor one slightly more than the others, but I love each of them in their own unique way.

Guest Runaway Jim

1 Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

2 Being There

3 Summerteeth

4 A Ghost is Born

5 AM

6 Sky Blue Sky

7 Wilco (the album)

1-3 move around a bit in the order. 4-7 are pretty set in stone.

What, no smart ass remarks yet? It's like I don't even know this board anymore. :ohwell

I was going to post one, but then thought there would be backlash...'who are you? isadorah, its like we don't even know you anymore,' since i made some smart ass comments yesterday in another thread that got attributed to someone else.

my smart ass contribution :shifty

Yeah, I guess it's been all of like three weeks since the last album ranking thread. :blink

I am a sporadic participant on the forum; shoulda done a search of topics first. Oops.

But the poll graphic is informative, no? Especially juxtaposed against actual album sales figures, as a comparison of the fan forum against "real world" consumers.

I am a sporadic participant on the forum; shoulda done a search of topics first. Oops.

But the poll graphic is informative, no? Especially juxtaposed against actual album sales figures, as a comparison of the fan forum against "real world" consumers.

Yeah, the album ranking is a long-running joke on here. Don't mind me. :stunned

1. A Ghost is Born

2. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

3. Summerteeth

4. Being There.

5. Sky Blue Sky

6. The Album

7. AM

8. KT

Five and six flip-flop depending on the day. The real bitch of The Album is that even though I think it's a great offering and definitely one of the best of '09, it still ranks toward the bottom compared with all their other material. That's the sign of a great band, when a 'weaker' album is still good.