Your ranking of Wilco albums

Wilco album rankings  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Which Wilco album did you buy first? (If you download single tracks, the album from which you've downloaded most tracks)

2. 2. Which Wilco album do you listen to the most (as of today)?

Guest Speed Racer

You're missing my point. I've said it a dozen times. It's not that we disagree, it's that you misunderstand what I'm saying.

You are discussing the relationships between fans, artists, art.

I am responding to the statement, "Dude, I hate it frat boys go to fuckin' shows, man."

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing my point. I've said it a dozen times. It's not that we disagree, it's that you misunderstand what I'm saying.

You are discussing the relationships between fans, artists, art.

I am responding to the statement, "Dude, I hate it frat boys go to fuckin' shows, man."

I think it was because you brought up Chipolte on an empty stomach.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't. Sorry. Came in on SBS, got to know the rest of the family, and loved WTA when it was born.

Did the way WTA was recorded have anything to do with the unpopular result? Having Nels and Mike overdub after the event, not involved in the primary recording, not having input into the evolving beast? Am I wrong? Previous albums have been pretty autocratic, but the current line up seems more collaborative? Perhaps, maybe?

Anyway, I was told that there is a new album recently polished off in NZ, from material recorded at 7 worlds. Not convinced though. Not convinced it would be a good idea either. Why would you release 2 year old material,

Why would you release 2 year old material,

Becuase us crazies would want to hear it. Any wilco is good Wilco. Who knows there could be some pretty great material that didn't fit with the feel of W(TA) But I haven't heard any rumours of this kind before. Care to share your source?

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I'm all about BT, AM, YHF, AGIB

Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I'm all about SBS, WTA, ST, and KT

Sunday's I am not so sure.

Seriously though, have they made an album I don't like? No. Have they made an album I like more than any of the others? No.

Guest Ordinary Beehive

I feel like everybody's first three should be YHF, BT, and ST no matter what, in no particular order.

That's true for me.

Becuase us crazies would want to hear it. Any wilco is good Wilco. Who knows there could be some pretty great material that didn't fit with the feel of W(TA) But I haven't heard any rumours of this kind before. Care to share your source?

yes, there is that reason. A kiwi lass who said Liam Finn was her nephew, and that Jeff had spent time in NZ polishing things off at Roundhouse and Liam's new studio recently. I believe she went on to ask if Jeff was on steroids and asked if she could get on stage to show them rock. She seemed like a lovely lady, and I have no reason to doubt her. Just find it strange, after BT being a double particularly, that they would record 2 albums worth of stuff and not release half of it for 2 1/2 years... and not play any of it live.

I admit, I have tried to goole stalk the Finn family to try to verify identity, no luck :-/

Guest sterno

1. AM, Being There, A Ghost is Born, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Summerteeth, Sky Blue Sky , Wilco (the album)

No way to rank them and No reason to. Each is awesome in its own right. I could never pick just one. They all need to be with me at all times.

I think the ultimate testament to this band is the fact that there is and never will be a clear decision on which album is top. I can order them if I really try, but the order would change next week. I think I consistently rank them into 4 tiers though.

1st Tier- YHF, SBS

2nd Tier- BT, ST

3rd Tier- AGIB, AM

Always last for me- W(TA)

But this week, it's wayyyyy off.

1. ST

2. BT

3. SBS

4. AM

5. AGIB

6. YHF

7. W(TA)

...Ok, I can pretty much only definitively say that W(TA)is my least favorite.

Ok, but I'm sorry, I can not and will not leave out the Mermaid Ave. albums. I just consider Guthrie and Bragg members of the band for a hot minute. Oh, and many people leave out the album that comes with The Wilco Book. I also think including Kicking Televison isn't really fair, I mean it's kinda like a live greatest hits album.

1) Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

2) Being There

3) A Ghost Is Born

4) Mermaid Ave. II

5) Summerteeth

6) Mermaid Ave. I

7) Sky Blue Sky

8) Am

9) The Wilco Book

10) Wilco (The Album)

I also wanted to say that I find it very cool that for the most part we can not reach a concensus on a top three. I think that is a true mark of being a fan of this band is that we all love them for so many different reasons. Sorry if this a tad whimsical lol.