Free Wilco Downloads to Support Haiti!

Thanks!

You know I had an idea about VC making some sort of communal donation to Haiti, but I'm not sure how to get around the logistics of it.

I was thinking of maybe getting Owl & Bear involved and making a "Tree" of their shows to the VC members and then donating money per disc or show.

Say one person takes show A and makes some amount of copies and sends it to those who "donate" for it. Then someone collects the money after it's been finalized. I obviously don't speak for Owl & Bear, but I don't know if people would be willing to go for say VC calendars instead. People might want live music more.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!

You know I had an idea about VC making some sort of communal donation to Haiti, but I'm not sure how to get around the logistics of it.

I was thinking of maybe getting Owl & Bear involved and making a "Tree" of their shows to the VC members and then donating money per disc or show.

Say one person takes show A and makes some amount of copies and sends it to those who "donate" for it. Then someone collects the money after it's been finalized. I obviously don't speak for Owl & Bear, but I don't know if people would be willing to go for say VC calendars instead. People might want live music more.

how about just setting up a paypal account with one person as the admin or whatever, then everyone send funds to it. I'd be happy making a donation without getting anything for it, though extra music is always cool!!

was at gym last night and the Haiti relief show was on alot of the stations..I thought I need to go home and make a (small) donation.

Started surfing because my Friday nights are oh so exciting, and stopped by Via Chicago (as usual). Imagine my surprise:

1. I get to feel all good inside about helping what is truly a tragic situation.

2. I get cool music, too (enjoying London with my morning coffee)

haiti needs our help- keep the vibes and contributions going.

Not that I'm complaining--believe me, I'm thrilled with the downloads--but did anyone else find when they downloaded the shows that a couple of songs were missing? Again, I'm grateful--just wondering if I did something wrong.

yeah, i was actually wondering the same thing and was afraid to ask :) so no, i don't think you're complaining. "hummingbird" and "someone else's song" are missing from the london show, according to wilcobase. everything seems to be on the keyspan show, i think. is that the same issue you had?

yeah, i was actually wondering the same thing and was afraid to ask :) so no, i don't think you're complaining. "hummingbird" and "someone else's song" are missing from the london show, according to wilcobase. everything seems to be on the keyspan show, i think. is that the same issue you had?

Hummingbird is tagged onto the end of the previous song.

Not that I'm complaining--believe me, I'm thrilled with the downloads--but did anyone else find when they downloaded the shows that a couple of songs were missing? Again, I'm grateful--just wondering if I did something wrong.

Hummingbird is tagged onto the end of the previous song.

"Someone Else's Song" was performed without the PA, so I imagine there isn't a audible version of it on the soundboard.

One thing that I noticed RE: London Show: according to iTunes FIle Info it lists it as 23 tracks and Walken is track 22? Either way I am more than pleased for these 2 amazing sounding shows.

Thanks again!

London show is fantastic - love the false start to Impossible Germany and the "These ARE the hits!" parts. Good job, Wilco, for coming up with this.

how about just setting up a paypal account with one person as the admin or whatever, then everyone send funds to it. I'd be happy making a donation without getting anything for it, though extra music is always cool!!
let's do this!

While I absolutely love the enthusiasm for this idea, and I'm always in favor of VC doing group projects like this, I can tell you from experience that the best/fastest way to get money directly to this cause, without incurring additional fees, etc., is for folks to just make their donations individually.

We did exactly what you've suggested here, when we made donations in memory of Natalie (see The Saint Genevieve Fund thread, still pinned in TTL), but that was a different kind of donation, and we felt it was important that it come from us as a group. I think in this case, individual donations are probably a better idea. :)