• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the radio rip doesn't do the song justice. plus, The National's songs have a way slowly revealing their brilliance after repeated listens. i liked the song this morning but thought live versions were better, but now with the proper download i've come to appreciate it a lot more. great stuff.

cant wait for this record.. ive heard 3 of the tunes and theyre all pretty great. makes me want to actually buy their other records. i find it weird i dont own them.

good show in that they played all the tracks to be found on their upcoming may release high violet. all those tracks sounded great live...makes me want the album even more! they also sprinkled in a few oldies but goodies: mistaken for strangers, about today, secret mtg, slow show all stand out in my memory.

for those of you who have seen them live before: is the period between songs always filled with awkward silence? maybe that was an anomaly of last night's festival ending set. also, matt berninger truly believes "all the wine is all for me." he must have drank a bottle and a half during the show, at one point turning up a bottle (drinking it from a glass at other times). that dude was pretty erratic onstage (and at one point, off stage).

anyway, good show, just curious. i consider myself fortunate to have caught them live in my backyard. it just seemed a bit "off" but that may be b/c i saw one of the great live acts at the fox in atlanta on friday evening... :thumbup

My sister called me this morning to discuss the show. She said Sufjan Stevens came out on stage with them. Also said her and her friends got tangled in Matt's mic cord. :lol here are some of her picutures

25001_1304632134498_1191337456_30819226_6451775_n.jpg

25001_1304632174499_1191337456_30819227_2878882_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

a music reviewer who posts on At Ease posted a glowing review of it the other day after he was privileged enough to have two listens in-studio, but he said it's under lockdown and impossible to take home, let alone leak. I don't think this bad boy will leak until right before the release date...I think the label realizes they have a masterpiece on their hands and don't wanna let sneak out. (Maybe that's wishful thinking, using words like "masterpiece." But, from everything I've read so far, I think we're assured a damn good record.)

bunch of promos were sent out last week... i won't be surprised if it leaks in the next 2 weeks

I'm checking 3 times a day for this leak... I'm sure it can't be far away.

At the same time I'm hoping it doesn't pop up for another couple of weeks. I'd love to have my first listen straight after I attend the Brisbane Wilco show!