The greatest Rock and Roll song of all time

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read the thread title I couldn't help but think of Ali - "The greatest OF ALL TIMES, Cosell...OF ALL TIIIIMES!!" :stunned

Being at work, I cannot see your video, so I don't know what song you posted.

But, for my money, it's probably one of these:

"Ju Ju Man" by Jim Ford (as performed by Brinsley Schwarz)

"Johnny B. Goode" by Chuck Berry

"Rocks Off" by The Rolling Stones

"War Pigs" by Black Sabbath

"Black Dog" by Led Zeppelin

That is, assuming that we are talking about ROCK and not just popular music of the rock era.

Man Who Enjoys Thing Informed He Is Wrong

January 25, 2010 | Issue 46∙04

LOS ANGELES—George Himmelsbaugh, 32, was informed Tuesday that he was incorrect in enjoying a thing he had been deriving pleasure from for many years. Authorities in the field informed Himmelsbaugh that, although he believes his appreciation of the thing to be a matter of subjective personal taste, any positive feelings or satisfaction taken from this are by definition erroneous. Furthermore, sources reported, Himmelsbaugh does not in fact enjoy the thing, but has merely been convinced that he does by the influence of others who also claim to enjoy the thing but who must be insane or developmentally disabled if they actually do. Himmelsbaugh has responded to the information by endeavoring to enjoy the correct things in the future.

(link)

The onion bit is funny, but there is a difference between personal subjectivity and claiming something as the best ever - which infers universal appeal.

Hate to be a stick in the mud, but I see it debated here too often, and it's really not that confusing.

If he had said "my favorite rock n roll song of all time"...

The onion bit is funny, but there is a difference between personal subjectivity and claiming something as the best ever - which infers universal appeal.

Hate to be a stick in the mud, but I see it debated here too often, and it's really not that confusing.

If he had said "my favorite rock n roll song of all time"...

Actually, I'm implying that I'm right and you're wrong if you disagree with me. I don't care about universal appeal, I just know I'm right.

Close. But I would go with King Harvest (Has Surely Come) by The Band instead.

Yes, I have mentioned this before. No, your favorite song is not the greatest Rock and Roll song of all time. Yes, I have been up since 4:45.

my default answer to this question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDHdleEX6-s

Yes, I have mentioned this before. No, your favorite song is not the greatest Rock and Roll song of all time. Yes, I have been up since 4:45.

who said anything about it being my favorite song? but yeah, for a greatest rock song of all time? sure. much more than the band. :rock

This is a thread in which I tell you what is the greatest Rock and Roll song of all time. It doesn't have anything to do with whatever your opinion is on the matter, because if you disagree with me, you are wrong.

This is the closest anyone has come to being correct (besides me, of course). But no, still wrong.

Caliber - even though you are WRONG, so wrong, I still love your avatar. :wub

There's still time for you to get right (about the song, of course. You're right about Jay).

This is a thread in which I tell you what is the greatest Rock and Roll song of all time. It doesn't have anything to do with whatever your opinion is on the matter, because if you disagree with me, you are wrong.

confess...you were one of those idiots arguing over the definition of 'prolific,' right?