Now Playing: February, 2010

When did all these guys decide they needed to morph into 70s arena rock bands? I'm sad, blue. Much of this album sounds like Thin Lizzy. :hmm

If anyone sees Sin Ropas Holy Broken floating around could you please PM?

really? i love the new glossary album. maybe not as much as the last one but definitly like it.

Yeah, I like it quite a bit. Surprised you didn't like it mChris. Nothing compares to For What I Don't Become for me but I like it quite a bit. That said, I think his recent solo album grabbed me even more so.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeasayer_-_Odd_Blood.jpg

sorta surprised Pfork still haven't posted their review of this yet... really curious to see what they think. it could go either way...

myself, i ADORE tracks 2-5, but overally it's kind of an erratic album. still one of my favorite newer bands (esp. live) in the last 2-3 years though.

sorta surprised Pfork still haven't posted their review of this yet... really curious to see what they think. it could go either way...

myself, i ADORE tracks 2-5, but overally it's kind of an erratic album. still one of my favorite newer bands (esp. live) in the last 2-3 years though.

All Hour Cymbals caught me off guard. I enjoyed that album a lot. As for Odd Blood, I'm swimming in psychedelia, and I have no complaints yet. I do want to give it a couple more listens before I make a verdict.

Pitchfork will review Odd Blood by the end of the week. I'm glad they gave Gil Scott-Heron's I'm New Here a great score and review.

yeah, that Gil record is fantastic.

i think at this point i like All Hour Cymbals more, but they certainly went for it w/ Odd Blood, gotta give 'em credit for that. i still don't really love tracks 1, 8, and 9 tho. ONE is SOOO so 80's that i actually was kinda turned off that song at first, but after I got over it i realized that song is pretty rad. dancing_geek.gif

yeah, that Gil record is fantastic.

i think at this point i like All Hour Cymbals more, but they certainly went for it w/ Odd Blood, gotta give 'em credit for that. i still don't really love tracks 1, 8, and 9 tho. ONE is SOOO so 80's that i actually was kinda turned off that song at first, but after I got over it i realized that song is pretty rad. dancing_geek.gif

I felt the same way when I heard the end of Ambling Alps, except that goes back one more era, perhaps...

really? i love the new glossary album. maybe not as much as the last one but definitly like it.

Yeah, I like it quite a bit. Surprised you didn't like it mChris. Nothing compares to For What I Don't Become for me but I like it quite a bit. That said, I think his recent solo album grabbed me even more so.

OK. I just played Thin Lizzy The Boys Are Back In Town, interspersed with Save Your Money For The Weekend. Had the same reaction. I still love the Kneisers' vocals and harmonies, but to me, all those great hooks have gotten lost in the production. I'll give it another listen in the car though. There's too much to love about this band to give up on them now.

Also...been meaning to snag Joey's free download for a while. Thanks for the reminder!

41oEUD8dfDL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Beach House - Teen Dream

I listened to this album several times today and it's by far the best I've heard this year. Each time I listen, it gets better and better.

just got around to checking this one out...totally agree...one of the best i've heard so far this year.

thanks for the heads up.

when is this band ever gonna put out something new?

...did I hear right that Mercer wants to take a hiatus from The Shins until 2011? :hmm

chutes-too-narrow.jpg

well he's in that new side project, Broken Bells. i think that's as close as we're getting to The Shins. Didn't they get a new drummer and bass player last year? I know Mercer had some material worked up...guess he decided not to use it. bah.

well he's in that new side project, Broken Bells. i think that's as close as we're getting to The Shins. Didn't they get a new drummer and bass player last year? I know Mercer had some material worked up...guess he decided not to use it. bah.

I have been listening to that new Broken Bells album for awhile now and it's really, really good. Any fan of Mercer will like it I think. Next to Beach House it's the one I'm listening to the most.