Now Playing: February, 2010

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was kind of surprised this wasn't actually out in the US yet... i bought it at their show last Nov.

great album/live band

After the fourth listen, I think the album isn't bad, but it's not excellent. Sometimes, it feels like you're just in the woods and they plan to monkey around, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Seeing these guys open for Lucero tonight. Are they any good? What kind of music do they play?

NP:

61nnUo7GOQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

...in preparation for the concert tonight.

oh, you'll like Glossary. They have an album called "For What I Don't Become" that is very likely in my top 20 all time. I've listened to the newest 3 or 4 times. Definitely a solid album. Joey Kneiser, lead singer, also just released a free download of his solo album which kicks all sort of ass. If you are interested in free music and what not.

410lrFLkTML._SL500_AA240_.jpg41VYM5E57ZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg51WazvvE0UL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51C5cjZKXPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg51Bg918UxmL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Prince & The Revolution - Purple Rain

The Dukes Of Stratosphear (XTC) - Chips From the Chocolate Fireball

Sly & The Family Stone - There's a Riot Goin' On

Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson

My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves

Seeing these guys open for Lucero tonight. Are they any good? What kind of music do they play?

NP:

61nnUo7GOQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

...in preparation for the concert tonight.

you'll love glossary...they are on the lines of lucero but a little more power pop...less twangy than lucero. Here's a link (below) for a few free albums they are offering. "The Better Angels Of Our Nature" and Joey Keiser's solo album "The All-Night Bedroom Revival". Definately check them out.

http://www.glossary.us/downloads/

113725.jpg

Any thoughts on this one? Got a respectable 7.3 from Pitchfork which is better than the 2.8 the crawling distance got. Just wondering if it's up there at all with the Boston Spaceships stuff.