Arcade Fire...

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be driving to the Atlanta show. It's 3 days after my wife's birthday, so I'll have a gift for her.

Does your wife actually like Arcade Fire, or is this like Homer Simpson buying Marge a bowling ball with "Homer" on it for Marge's birthday? :lol

Does your wife actually like Arcade Fire, or is this like Homer Simpson buying Marge a bowling ball with "Homer" on it for Marge's birthday? :lol

Oh yeah, she likes them more than I do (And they're a top 5 current band for me). They are playing Lollapalooza on her birthday, I was thinking about trying to take her to that, but Atlanta's much closer for us (though still not particularly close. The Arcade Fire must really despise Florida.)

Oh yeah, she likes them more than I do (And they're a top 5 current band for me). They are playing Lollapalooza on her birthday, I was thinking about trying to take her to that, but Atlanta's much closer for us (though still not particularly close. The Arcade Fire must really despise Florida.)

did you already get tickets? if not i have a pair of GA for Atlanta for sale

My wife and I have a deal where we like to take weekend trips to local cities in the midwest. We base it around a concert I want to see and then she gets to shop the rest of the weekend. It's not that she hates the bands I want to see, she's just usually indifferent.

However, she is a pretty big Arcade Fire fan and I'm using this to try to talk her into an anniversary trip to Chicago with a Sunday at Lolla to see Arcade Fire. Supposedly The National, Frightened Rabbit, Mumford and Sons, Antlers and Soundgarden are on the same day.

Hope you get to go, that was our plan until this Atlanta show was announced. Should be a great weekend.

I had tickets for their show in Atlanta in 2007 and had to give my tickets away when a friend bailed. Coincidentally, that friend ended up marrying me, so we agreed that if they came anywhere within a reasonable driving distance, we'd be there.

Hope you get to go, that was our plan until this Atlanta show was announced. Should be a great weekend.

I had tickets for their show in Atlanta in 2007 and had to give my tickets away when a friend bailed. Coincidentally, that friend ended up marrying me, so we agreed that if they came anywhere within a reasonable driving distance, we'd be there.

Cool story. I'd say if she bails again, it's...

I just got my ticket for Philadelphia. There must have been huge presales, because the entire orchestra area was already sold out. I finally went with a seat in the second row of the left center section of the middle section. For $65.50 including fees, they'd better be amazing! :stunned

at least Philly is with Spoon no?

I just got my ticket for Philadelphia. There must have been huge presales, because the entire orchestra area was already sold out. I finally went with a seat in the second row of the left center section of the middle section. For $65.50 including fees, they'd better be amazing! :stunned

Wow...that's a pricey ticket. Kinda makes me feel better about paying $35-$45 for Wilco.

after hearing both the US & UK singles ('Ready To Start' & 'We Used To Wait') i'm a lot more excited for the record than I was based off the first 2 songs... :)

SiriusXMU has been playing Ready to Start all week. I did not like it at first, but I'm starting to warm to it.

But I have to say, I wasn't paying attention to the radio when it came on, and my first reaction was to wonder why they were playing some deep album track from Morrisey...

Tracklist:

01 The Suburbs

02 Ready To Start

03 Modern Man

04 Rococo

05 Empty Room

06 City With No Children

07 Half Light I

08 Half Light II (No Celebration)

09 Suburban War

10 Month Of May

11 Wasted Hours

12 Deep Blue

13 We Used To Wait

14 Sprawl I (Flatland)

15 Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

16 The Suburbs (Continued)