Arcade Fire...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lead songs I have heard on the radio and some of the stuff I heard and saw on youtube from a recent live show have given me a severely underwhelmed first impression. Songs seem to be struggling for hooks or anything of real interest in many cases. And there seem something slightly askew for Arcade Fire doing a concept album on a topic as dreary as the suburbs. Has everyone's favourite band from 2004/2005 gone stale? Answers on a postcard to.....

A topic as dreary as the suburbs? Wasn't Funeral a concept album about suburban life and death? And Neon Bible was heavily influenced by war. Just saying..

Fair points - I'll get the sense they are going for a Springsteen type sound which would be a shame in my opinion.

Or at least that's what the Germans would have you believe.

Anybody know of anywhere that's gonna have this album on sale (i.e., cheaper than Merge)? CD or LP?

Sounds like a pretty subtle set of songs based on the 30 second clips of each. Nothing that jumps out at you like a "No Cars Go" . Undoubtedly, it will need repeated listens to reveal its true quality.

My best friend is getting married August 14th. The same day that Arcade Fire play their show on Toronto island. But that seemed to have not been a problem since i recently saw AF at one of their last minute Toronto shows here last month. That show has passed, and now i still want to see the island show. But I've made my peace.

But this morning I read that Janelle Monae is opening up for Arcade fire?!??!?!?

My friend is a dead man.

There is no other way to say it.

Sounds like a pretty subtle set of songs based on the 30 second clips of each. Nothing that jumps out at you like a "No Cars Go" . Undoubtedly, it will need repeated listens to reveal its true quality.

you're really gonna make a pre-judgement based on 8 minutes out of a 64 minute album? and 30 sec clips of each track at that?

come on now... i wouldn't even think Funeral was that great based on random 30 sec clips.

I'm with Solace here.

Seriously, I don't bother with 30-second sound bites as they never work for me. I have to have a nice quiet setting with 100% focus, and all the songs in good sound quality before listening to a new album by a band I really like.

:music

My best friend is getting married August 14th. The same day that Arcade Fire play their show on Toronto island. But that seemed to have not been a problem since i recently saw AF at one of their last minute Toronto shows here last month. That show has passed, and now i still want to see the island show. But I've made my peace.

But this morning I read that Janelle Monae is opening up for Arcade fire?!??!?!?

My friend is a dead man.

There is no other way to say it.

:lol

Based on what I've read from people who have merely listened to parts of the 30-second clips, I am ready to declare this album a complete bust. It's good to know I don't have to bother listening to it now.

Based on what I've read from people who have merely listened to parts of the 30-second clips, I am ready to declare this album a complete bust. It's good to know I don't have to bother listening to it now.

Based on your decision, I'm ready to dismiss the album, the band's previous records, and the idea of the Arcade Fire altogether.

I heard that Prince declared that the Arcade Fire is over. Talking to The Mirror, Prince said: “The Arcade Fire is completely over." He went on to say: “The Arcade Fire’s like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. All these songs about neighborhoods are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that cant be good for you.”

based on this thread I already A) Shut down arcadefire.net and turned it into a Justin Bieber fansite B) burned all of my Arcade Fire CD's/Vinyl/shirts and ticket stubs and C) swapped my Win Butler body pillow with an Ezra Koenig one