Nels' first show??

Guest Runaway Jim

I don't know the answer to the question, but I do know that Nels played with Wilco at the 9/19/03 show I attended, though he was touring with Carla Bozulich.

Mikael and Glenn were already in the band. Pat was not.

Edited by Runaway Jim

I don't know if this is correct or not:

Wilco Timeline courtesy of Dipity

Thanks for this - I've never seen it. And I'm pretty sure there are some inaccuracies in there. I think Bob Egan got booted from Wilco long before 1999. And it says "Leroy Bach joins Wilco" in 1999 and "Bach joins the band full-time" in 2001. I thought he joined them in 1998 for the Mermaid Avenue tour.

Yes? No? Anyone?

Thanks for this - I've never seen it. And I'm pretty sure there are some inaccuracies in there. I think Bob Egan got booted from Wilco long before 1999. And it says "Leroy Bach joins Wilco" in 1999 and "Bach joins the band full-time" in 2001. I thought he joined them in 1998 for the Mermaid Avenue tour.

Yes? No? Anyone?

There is also the timeline on Wilco's Wikipedia page.

I don't think there are specific dates given when you click on the names at the bottom of that page.

I am curious to know where whoever put the timeline up at Dipity got their information.

Just downloaded the Dekalb show. Very awesome, spirited and emotional show. Love the old school Sunken Treasure with the new line up.

The September 19th show is awsome too. Nels joins the band for Handshake Drugs. At the end Jeff comments about hm being the greatest guitar player in the world. Can't say I disagree.

• 2 weeks later...

This was one of my all-time favorite shows, that DeKalb show at Otto's. And I've been to many many shows. I think I pee'd in my pants hearing Nels and Jeff play ALTWYS.

Ditto. I still listen to that show often. One of my favorite nights.