Wilco (the song)

Misunderstood

Heavy Metal Drummer

Passenger Side

Candyfloss

Red-Eyed and Blue>

I Got You (At The End of the Century)

Hoodoo Voodoo

Great show tonight at the Wharton Center. Excellent venue, and a few suprises in the set list.

8:15pm - band enters to Olympic theme music!

Bull Black Nova

You are my Face

IATTBYH

One Wing

Shot in the Arm

At Least Thats What You Said

Should've Been in Love (#1 request)

Deeper Down

Impossible Germany

Just that Simple (John on vocals)

Handshake Drugs

You Never Know

Summerteeth

Jesus etc. - singalong

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm the Man who Loves You

Spiders/Kidsmoke

Hummingbird

-------------------

(encore)

Wilco (the song)

Misunderstood

Heavy Metal Drummer

Passenger Side

Candy Floss

Red Eyed & Blue

I Got You

Hoodoo Voodoo - (with a smoking Nels/Pat guitar battle)

lights on at 10:20

Jeff and the band seemed to be in good spirits and genuinely enjoying themselves. Despite the plush seating, most of the main floor stood the entire show. Jeff commented on how the crowd was "...standing, knowledgeable, and ready to do your part." A few welcome suprises in the set list. Personal highlights included Walken, Hummingbird and a slowed down version of Passenger Side.

Nasty drive home in the snow!

Every time I saw Nels pull out the lapsteel, I was hoping for Sunken Treasure, which was the only one in the top 5 requested songs that didn't get played. Hrmph. >_

Otherwise, excellent show, excellent encore, excellent energy.

Maybe I have horrible hearing, but it sounded like both the left and right channels were blasted on both sides of the auditorium or I never realized this.

Just got home after driving 2 1/2 hours through the white out and I have to say that the Wilco Boys brought the ROCK tonight!!!! Right from the get go it was a veritable sonic wallop of guitars and keys and drums right to my solar plexus. The last time I saw Wilco was in Ann Arbor last October and that show was a very subdued evening. What a difference 4 months make. Tonight, they held nothing back, playing plenty of tunes from all the albums. The sound mix tonight was fantastic. I'd like to pick one or two highlights, but hell, the entire night was one highlight after another.

Nels seemed to be in a particularly aggressive (in a good way) mood tonight. He was really shredding and it seemed to me as if he added a harder edge to "You Never Know".

Maybe I have horrible hearing, but it sounded like both the left and right channels were blasted on both sides of the auditorium or I never realized this.

I actually thought the sound was exceptional. I was in the 3rd row, and you kind of expect a crappy mix up there, but I was pleasantly suprised. Great acoustics. That was a BIG room. Ceiling had to be close to 100 ft high.

I was in the 7th or 8th row on the left, and the sound was fantastic. I'm usually close to the stage, so it was a welcome change to hear the vocals loud and clear. Nels' guitar tone was sick as usual. Setlist was fantastic, and my favorite songs were Spiders, Hummingbird (love the mic twirl), Candyfloss, and Hoodoo Voodoo (loved singing along). Let me say the crowd singalong to Jesus, Etc sucked pretty bad. No one around me was singing.

Good night and glad to be safe at home in Grand Rapids. Snowy drive! Hope everyone else made it back unscathed.

I actually thought the sound was exceptional. I was in the 3rd row, and you kind of expect a crappy mix up there, but I was pleasantly suprised. Great acoustics. That was a BIG room. Ceiling had to be close to 100 ft high.

I was also in the 3rd row actually. Stage right. The sound didn't sound bad at all, but I thought it awkward that speakers from both sides were blasting out both the left and right channel. Maybe I've been listening to too much Television or something.

Great show tonight at the Wharton Center. Excellent venue, and a few suprises in the set list.

8:15pm - band enters to Olympic theme music!

Bull Black Nova

You are my Face

IATTBYH

One Wing

Shot in the Arm

At Least Thats What You Said

Should've Been in Love (#1 request)

Deeper Down

Impossible Germany

Just that Simple (John on vocals)

Handshake Drugs

You Never Know

Summerteeth

Jesus etc. - singalong

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm the Man who Loves You

Spiders/Kidsmoke

Hummingbird

-------------------

(encore)

Wilco (the song)

Misunderstood

Heavy Metal Drummer

Passenger Side

Candy Floss

Red Eyed & Blue

I Got You

Hoodoo Voodoo - (with a smoking Nels/Pat guitar battle)

lights on at 10:20

Jeff and the band seemed to be in good spirits and genuinely enjoying themselves. Despite the plush seating, most of the main floor stood the entire show. Jeff commented on how the crowd was "...standing, knowledgeable, and ready to do your part." A few welcome suprises in the set list. Personal highlights included Walken, Hummingbird and a slowed down version of Passenger Side.

Nasty drive home in the snow!

An incredible setlist. Can Passenger Side get any slower? How slow was it?

Summer Teeth, nice.

Candyfloss?! I wasn't even supposed to go to this show, and that hurts. Wow.

Sounds like a good night with terrible weather--hope everyone made it home safely.

anyone here if you can get a refund due to snow storm. I couldn't get there.....

Getting there wasn't the problem, it was getting home that required a team of huskies and a proper sled.

Seriously, I have no idea if there is a refund available for someone who exercised wise discretion in not travelling last night, but I doubt that one would be available. Now if the show had been cancelled, that would be another story.

First post...

First Wilco show... what have I been waiting for??

anyway, Fantastic!!!!

Summerteeth.. Really?

I thought I was the only one knew that song. (I was the only one at the back of the main floor stage left who knew it, that's for sure).

what a fantastic show, what a fantastic band. some of the crowd was a bit lame (read: unfamiliar with Wilco material).

I thought Tweedy's "you look like a perfectly mowed lawn" was pretty accurate.

I loved the several people down front who were jumping around like crazy (guy in the red shirt), I was jealous.

the people in front of me and next to me actually sat down for a few songs, then left half wayy through VooDoo.

oh well, at tleast they got to hear some real music.

No snow on the way coming from Detroit, a little bit heading home but not much.

I didn't see any either

Wharton Center Event Policy

"Cameras & Recording Devices: Cameras and other recording devices (audio, video and still) are not permitted in the theatre and may be confiscated if used during a performance. If brought into the facility, cameras may be checked in with House Management in room 209"

that said, the ushers were telling people to make sure their flashes were off if taking pix, and there were signs that said no SLR camers.

there will be a sound board version, maybe it'll get released someday...

Did anyone see any tapers there last night? I didn't see any taping rigs, but I'm hoping I just missed one. I'd love to have a copy of "our" version of Jesus, Etc.

I didn't see any tapers, but I was in the upper "Grand Tier". I loved the "singalong" on Jesus Etc.. It almost seemed like Jeff was chastising the audience for their lack of singing on Summerteeth.

Highlights, for me anyway, included "One Wing", "Impossible Germany", "Jesus Etc." (the guy next to me looked at me like I was a freaking idiot for singing so loud, but I didn't care), and "Hoodoo Voodoo".

The only low-lights, were the girl on the other side of my wife who really, really, needed a shower/deodorant, and the weather going home. It took me about 2 hours to get there, and just under 4 to get home. Glad I took a vacation day from work today to finish up my homework for the week.

Also, I really hope that Pat's Telecaster is ok. Guitars aren't supposed to hit the stage that way.

Did anybody else see Mikael's hand gestures during the call and response section of Hoodoo Voodoo? He seemed to be joking with Glen by making boring and gagging hand gestures.

anyone here if you can get a refund due to snow storm. I couldn't get there.....

about a year ago i got a refund from an AC/DC show in Tulsa that went on as planned... there was an ice storm which made traveling up the turnpike nearly impossible. the show was sold out, and was nearly full, but apparently there were enough inquiries to the venue/promoter about refunds from people who couldn't make it to the show that refunds for unused tickets were given out. fees and everything. this was a tickets.com ticketed show...

Every time I saw Nels pull out the lapsteel, I was hoping for Sunken Treasure, which was the only one in the top 5 requested songs that didn't get played. Hrmph. >_

Otherwise, excellent show, excellent encore, excellent energy.

I worked backstage catering before the show, and swore I saw "Treasure" written at the top of Jeff's set list. Lost a buck to my buddy when they opened with BBNova. Great show, my favorite was "At Least That's What She Said", like always.

I worked backstage catering before the show, and swore I saw "Treasure" written at the top of Jeff's set list. Lost a buck to my buddy when they opened with BBNova. Great show, my favorite was "At Least That's What She Said", like always.

The Scene in Ashes where Tweedy is crossing songs off a setlist pops into my head.

What did they eat?

>>>What did they eat?

Wilco enjoyed salad, teriyaki chicken, grilled ahi tuna, roasted veggies and a wild mushroom dish. I enjoyed easing backstage during soundcheck.

You realize that your comments have made you many, many, jealous enemies in this forum right? :blush