Tom Petty Tour 2010

Guest Runaway Jim

Not to thrilled about ZZ Top opening in Milw.

When they rock your socks off with the sweet, sweet La Grange, you'll change your mind.

I'm glad to see DBT opening the Chicago show. I'm just getting into them.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, it's a sweet sweet summer in the midwest with TP & DBT!!! Indy looks like the best venue/date, and I'll be planning my summer vacation around traveling for this show, so ticket procurement anxiety is setting in! :stunned

I imagine ZZ Top can still blow the doors off. Never had a chance to see them, but would love to. Is there any other band out there that's been going as long as them with the original lineup?

All the openers look good. Would love to see Joe Cocker too.

I, on the other hand, am very thrilled. Have never seen ZZ Top, and after seeing that sweet live vid that A-man posted a while back in the youtube thread, I am psyched. Nice double-bill.

Seeing as this is the only ZZ appearance on this tour (i think) I guess it's pretty special...regardless, I can't make that show anyway, so I'll be in Indiana with TP and DBT...

Anyone have any idea on the prices for this tour? I'm rounding up the girlfriends and of course they can't believe I'm asking NOW about a show in July (they don't get it). And they want to know how much. I told them to plan on anywhere between $60-100 per seat. ??? I have no idea. It was probably $40+ when I saw them 2 tours ago in Indy (luckily skipped the stormy one), but this is a Live Nation show so who knows.

It was probably $40+ when I saw them 2 tours ago in Indy (luckily skipped the stormy one), but this is a Live Nation show so who knows.

It was $50 for lawn seats when I saw him on the Echo tour.

I would think he'd try to keep it as low as possible, especially since everyone was reminded in the recent Heartbreakers documentary about how he refused to let his fans be overcharged. I'm thinking $75.

It was $50 for lawn seats when I saw him on the Echo tour.

I would think he'd try to keep it as low as possible, especially since everyone was reminded in the recent Heartbreakers documentary about how he refused to let his fans be overcharged. I'm thinking $75.

jff, you should go get a ticket outside at phillips with me;)

Anyone have any idea on the prices for this tour? I'm rounding up the girlfriends and of course they can't believe I'm asking NOW about a show in July (they don't get it). And they want to know how much. I told them to plan on anywhere between $60-100 per seat. ??? I have no idea. It was probably $40+ when I saw them 2 tours ago in Indy (luckily skipped the stormy one), but this is a Live Nation show so who knows.

Hi Wendy,

I just checked my Tom Petty ticket stubs. In 2006 lawn tickets were $31 and they jumped to $41 in 2008. I think pavilion was around $75 in 2006 and they jumped to the low $100's in 2008. They also had special VIP packages in 2008 for the mid $100's. The 2008 Indy show sold out 1 month after on sale.

i'll be at the chicago show (excited to see DBT again). i hate how pricey this stuff is but it'll be a good time. plus, i didnt get u2 tickets for july so that makes this more doable. i'll probably need to open a savings account just to buy a few beers and crazy bread at the show, though!

always great live

talk about great openers ... i saw them once with the Replacements opening ... maybe 1989-1990-ish

I saw the Replacements open for them as well on that tour. Excellent show. Saw the Dylan/Petty show a few years before that - not Dylan's best, but Petty rocked it out. Haven't seen Petty in 20 years, but he strikes me as someone who would still be good even pushing 60 years old.

I swore off seeing Petty after attending one show at the Chicago's Vic Theater in April of 2003. There is no way he could top that. I have been to 3 shows since - long story - but he still puts on a good show. The post super bowl tour was pretty great. Steve Winwood joined him on stage and it was fun. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the openers jump on stage with Tom during the tour.

The Heartbreakers are a very impressive band - Mike Campbell and Benmont Tench are so good. Benmont plays on everybody's records.

not crazy about the new song, but will see them.

i kind of like the new song. it's interesting for him to not put out a catchy single as he's done the last few times (scare easy, square one, last DJ).

Tom Petty's website posted a note that there would be a major announcement this week. I assume it's going to be a summer tour, and I for one, am excited. I have had nothing but great experiences seeing TP in concert, because A) he always has great openers (Steve Winwood, Pearl Jam) B) he has an extensive catalog and C) great stage/light show.

Does anyone else share this feeling? Or not...?

One of the times I saw "The Replacements" was when they opened for Tom. B)

i kind of like the new song. it's interesting for him to not put out a catchy single as he's done the last few times (scare easy, square one, last DJ).

Still plenty of unheard songs that could be catchy. I like Good Enough, but hope there are some classic catchy Petty tracks on this one too.

One of the times I saw "The Replacements" was when they opened for Tom. cool.gif

I remember reading that Replacements fans were up in arms about Petty stealing Westerberg lines after that tour. Lines like "Rebel without a clue" among others.