Tom Petty Tour 2010

Hi Wendy,

I just checked my Tom Petty ticket stubs. In 2006 lawn tickets were $31 and they jumped to $41 in 2008. I think pavilion was around $75 in 2006 and they jumped to the low $100's in 2008. They also had special VIP packages in 2008 for the mid $100's. The 2008 Indy show sold out 1 month after on sale.

Thanks ditty!

Here's what prices ended up being (in Indianapolis anyway - I saw other cities had 125 as the highest price regular seats, but Indy was 131. Probably built in hidden fees).

PAVILION - $71.00 - $131.00

GA LAWN - $41.00

Also a VIP PKG - $300 - but lots of merch & 5 albums download, VIP parking etc, exclusive stuff. Too rich for my blood though.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$125? not really, no.

it's not uncommon amongst baby boomer acts, but it's not the standard going rate by any means. Green Day still charge $45 in arenas (yes i realize their fans are younger, who cares), and John Mayer charges half that. Black Eyed Peas are $75

even Clapton here was under $100

Thanks ditty!

Here's what prices ended up being (in Indianapolis anyway - I saw other cities had 125 as the highest price regular seats, but Indy was 131. Probably built in hidden fees).

PAVILION - $71.00 - $131.00

GA LAWN - $41.00

Also a VIP PKG - $300 - but lots of merch & 5 albums download, VIP parking etc, exclusive stuff. Too rich for my blood though.

ouch! Thanks, guess I will end up in the lawn.

For those of you in the Indy area, here's a presale that starts tomorrow:

WTTS welcomes summertime favorites Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers to Verizon Wireless Music Center Saturday, July 10, with special guests Drive-By Truckers. Tickets go on sale Monday (3/8) at 10am, but 92-3 VIPs can buy them first.

The presale runs Friday (3/5) at noon through Sunday (3/7) at 10pm. Look for the "radio presale" tab, and enter the password "SUMMER."

• 1 month later...

Seriously, my whole summer is revolving around this date, gathering friends in Indy for the show, a party, a week at the lake, off work, etc ... and so I was sweating bullets when this email came today: The good news (for me anyway) is my Indy show is not affected by the album delay and tour restructuring. Thank God! *whew*

Hope nobody here got bumped too badly by this.

TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS RE-ROUTE BEGINNING OF NORTH AMERICAN TOUR, WILL ADD MORE SHOWS

MOJO WILL BE RELEASED ON JUNE 15

SECOND SHOW ADDED IN PHILADELPHIA, MORE ADDITIONAL SHOWS TO COME

TOUR NOW STARTS JUNE 5th IN OAKLAND

Due to a delay in the arrival of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers’ new album Mojo, it was announced today that the first 10 dates of the 2010 summer tour will be rescheduled in September and October.

The album will be released on Reprise Records on June 15. The band sincerely regrets any inconvenience caused and hope fans can make the rescheduled dates which are listed below.

Additionally, the tour will add additional dates including a second show at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia on August 1 and others to be announced shortly. Further information for all additional shows including Highway Companions Club Presale information, will be announced soon, well before the show dates.

Tickets for the rescheduled concerts will be honored on the new dates. Refunds are available at the point of purchase if desired. Complete ticket, tour and on sale information is available at the tour page.

Click here to read about Mojo, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers first studio album in 8 years.

Lots more information on Mojo will follow.

All dates between June 5 and August 27 will go on as planned.

Currently rescheduled dates are listed in italics below.

Sep 16 Tampa St. Pete Times Forum (w/TBD)

Sep 18 Raleigh Time Warner Cable Pavilion at Walnut Creek (w/TBD)

Sep 19 Charlotte Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (w/TBD)

Sep 21 Dallas Superpages.com Center (w/TBD)

Sep 24 Houston Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion (w/TBD)

Sep 26 Phoenix US Airways Arena (w/TBD)

Sep 28 San Diego Cricket Wireless Pavilion (w/TBD)

Oct 01 Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl (w/TBD)

Oct 02 Irvine Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (w/TBD)

**It has not yet been confirmed whether Joe Cocker will still appear as special guest on the rescheduled shows. More details to follow on this very soon.

***For customer service inquiries relating to tickets, please contact the ticketing site here:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/customer_serve.html

Entire Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers 2010 Tour information is available at the tour page.

"As for the songs, MOJO showcases a wide variety of American music from rock ‘n’ roll to country and both electric and acoustic blues. And then there are the images in Petty’s lyrics which slip in on the melodies and set up a home in your head: The barefoot girl in the high grass chewing on a stick of sugar cane, the run-in with the law that begins when a carload of buddies decide to party with the motel maids, and the hilariously audacious idea of opening an album with an electric blues rocker about Thomas Jefferson’s love affair with Sally Hemings. Petty would probably chuck a rock at anyone who called him a poet, but he sure is a southern writer of humor and sensitivity."

a song about Jefferson? Very strange.

That does not make a whole lot of sense.

Yeah, I agree it's pretty odd. Think of the people who can't attend the rescheduled date, who won't get reimbursed ticket purchase service fees and airfare, hotels etc. I mean, remember how many people got bent out of shape for that 1 Wilco show postponed for SNL? Imagine 10 Petty shows, each one of them selling 5x the number of tickets as a Wilco show (I'm just guessing here of course) ... ??? That'll be a lot of upset people.

So the tour starts June 5 and the record is being released June 15. So they're not holding the tour back for the record to be released.

Maybe the free MP3 copies (everyone who ordered a TPHB show ticket online was promised a downloadable copy of the CD) will be ready by June 5, and the actual CD itself June 15. ???

I dunno. But you're right, Mike. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon has a page for Mojo now.

1. Jefferson Jericho Blues

2. First Flash Of Freedom

3. Running Man's Bible

4. The Trip To Pirate's Cove

5. Candy

6. No Reason To Cry

7. I Should Have Known It

8. U.S. 41

9. Takin' My Time

10. Let Yourself Go

11. Don't Pull Me Over

12. Lover's Touch

13. High In The Morning

14. Something Good Coming

15. Good Enough

I read somewhere the other day that the album was recorded about the same way the Mudcrutch album was recorded.

• 1 month later...

A recent show popped up on Dime a Dozen last night. He is already doing a lot of the new songs.

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

June 5, 2010

Oracle Arena (aka Oakland Coliseum)

Oakland, CA

1. Applause

2. King's Highway

3. Listen To Her Heart

4. I Won't Back Down

5. Free Falling

6. Oh Well

7. Mary Jane's Last Dance

8. Drivin' Down To Georgia

9. Breakdown

10. Introductions

11. Jefferson Jericho Blues

12. First Flash Of Freedom

13. Running Man's Bible

14. I Should Have Known It

15. Good Enough

16. Learning To Fly

17. Don't Come Around Here No More

18. Refugee

19. Applause

(encores:)

20. Running Down A Dream

21. Mystic Eyes

22. American Girl

Wow...for a career as varied as Petty's that setlist is awful!!! I was on the fence for going to the show but I think I will stay away. I was going to bring my wife who is a casual fan but this show wouldn't be good for a casual or even a longtime fan. I have seen Petty about 6 times and I know he puts on a good show but still.... I haven't even given the new album a listen but can't justify the $60 ticket with a setlist like that.

Wow...for a career as varied as Petty's that setlist is awful!!! I was on the fence for going to the show but I think I will stay away. I was going to bring my wife who is a casual fan but this show wouldn't be good for a casual or even a longtime fan. I have seen Petty about 6 times and I know he puts on a good show but still.... I haven't even given the new album a listen but can't justify the $60 ticket with a setlist like that.

Q: You’ve been known for playing new stuff on your tours at the expense of some of your better-known hits.

A: Yeah, well, we’ve had enough looking back now. We’ve been through all the 30th anniversary stuff and the movie. OK, we’ve summed that up. Now it’s time to move forward, play some new stuff, show people we’re still creating. We will not turn into a jukebox.

Full interview

Q: You’ve been known for playing new stuff on your tours at the expense of some of your better-known hits.

A: Yeah, well, we’ve had enough looking back now. We’ve been through all the 30th anniversary stuff and the movie. OK, we’ve summed that up. Now it’s time to move forward, play some new stuff, show people we’re still creating. We will not turn into a jukebox.

Full interview

You know I give Petty a lot of credit he certianly earned the right to do whatever he wants... I believe though that it will come at the expense of his popularity. If he wants to play larger vewnues though I think he will struggle if he starts cranking out mostly new songs..He should play mid sized venues in my mind if he wants to do that. The only propblem I see with Petty's quote is if he doesn't want to look back then cut out songs like Free Falling , Mary Jane's and American Girl too??

You know I give Petty a lot of credit he certianly earned the right to do whatever he wants... I believe though that it will come at the expense of his popularity. If he wants to play larger vewnues though I think he will struggle if he starts cranking out mostly new songs..He should play mid sized venues in my mind if he wants to do that. The only propblem I see with Petty's quote is if he doesn't want to look back then cut out songs like Free Falling , Mary Jane's and American Girl too??

Ah well...

I'm looking forward to seeing him for my first time in a couple weeks. ZZ Top is opening! Should be a great show. I have a couple friends coming into town, so I'm just looking forward to that weekend in general.

Ah well...

I'm looking forward to seeing him for my first time in a couple weeks. ZZ Top is opening! Should be a great show. I have a couple friends coming into town, so I'm just looking forward to that weekend in general.

It will be a great show and you will have a good time..ZZTOP is a hoot too!

Full interview

Happy to see him playing some new stuff...but it's the same old other stuff. I'd give him more credit if he'd go deeper into some of the classic records, instead of playing basically the same set every night. Enjoying the sound of the new record, but unless someone as good as DBT or MMJ ends up opening here in LA, I'm gonna pass.

• 2 weeks later...