Now Playing: March, 2010

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In honor of my accidentally learning how to play Mr. Sandman on guitar last night:

album-guitar-legend-the-rca-years.jpg

Kind of a disappointing soundtrack to my morning workout. I find that "Free Your Mind..." is better in that context. Still cool, though:

funkadelic_funkadelic.jpg

I should have knonw by the WAY-over-the-top hype for this one that it'd fail me. Maybe it'll click for me at some point, but I doubt it:

pe-beach-house-teen-dream.jpg

Truckin.jpg

Listening to this reminds me how good Albert Collins was :).

I should have knonw by the WAY-over-the-top hype for this one that it'd fail me. Maybe it'll click for me at some point, but I doubt it:

pe-beach-house-teen-dream.jpg

i just want to say that if you went into it expecting the greatest thing ever, of course it'd fail you. but that's not the record's fault. every song on there is really catchy and creative and good. maybe go into it with a more open mind. i had the exact same reaction the first time i listened to the record.

51UDTY9UEEL._SS500_.jpg

51tkui5uFTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and this:

l_e25f2dfc98494e29a6657d1fec5b52e6.jpg

If you like Gillian Welch and David Rawlings or even say, the folksier songs of Devendra Banhart, you should definitely go to www.robertellismusic.com and download this last one for free.

41Z78GK1YNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51Jf2yOC6FL._SL500_AA300_.jpg616WPNRFDXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Latin Playboys - Dose

The Sonics - Boom

Harry Nilsson - A Little Touch Of Schmilsson In the Night

l_e25f2dfc98494e29a6657d1fec5b52e6.jpg

If you like Gillian Welch and David Rawlings or even say, the folksier songs of Devendra Banhart, you should definitely go to www.robertellismusic.com and download this last one for free.

this. thanks for the recommendation. sounds good so far

i just want to say that if you went into it expecting the greatest thing ever, of course it'd fail you.

I definitely wasn't expecting the best thing ever, but I also was not expecting such dull monotony...exactly the type of thing I don't want from any album.

I definitely wasn't expecting the best thing ever, but I also was not expecting such dull monotony...exactly the type of thing I don't want from any album.

that Beach House album is amazing IMO. Can't stop listening to it.

that Beach House album is amazing IMO. Can't stop listening to it.

Listening to it now. The songs are ok taken individually, but listening to the whole album at once is still a chore for me.

it's absolutely gorgeous/stunning and Beach House's best album by far... some albums just take a bit more patience.

come on, solace. I don't like the album either. It has nothing to do with patience. Really.

come on, solace. I don't like the album either. It has nothing to do with patience. Really.

fair enough.

some people don't like dream pop, i understand. but i'd still argue the album does require more patience to fully reveal it self, even to myself as fan of Beach House since their first album.

do you like stuff like Mazzy Star or old Portishead? you can't tell me those bands/albums don't require a bit of patience? saying something requires more patience is not an insult to the listener or the band, it's just being honest...

it just seems in my observations and from his comments that jff is scared of liking ANYTHING that has even the tiniest ounce of buzz is all... maybe i'm wrong. sometimes great music/albums/bands get tons of deserved buzz, it's not always "hype" is all i'm trying to say. if you don't agree in this case, so be it, not going to lose any sleep.