TWEEDY SOLO ON SALE 3/6

Hey guys....

Tomorrow, Saturday March 6 at 10am, the tickets for Jeff Tweedy solo will be on sale at a new ticket price.

This is a benefit for scholarships. The tickets will be $50.00. These are for any seat except the Golden Circle which is directly in front of the stage. The show is at the Vic Theater in Chicago, where pretty much any seat is a good seat.

This is a really really fun show!

Hope to see you there!

srmt

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo hoo

Thanks Sue!!!!

paying for our own wedding made 200 plus dollars hard to spend but 100 is easier to swallow.

I've always paid full price for this show, but its nice to be able to contribute and still go

People!!!! Don't forget that these tickets are now on sale for $50.00.

Hope to see you there!!!

srmt

whoa! the same weekend my son's back from college for Spring Break - I think my wife sanctioned me spending the money to go with him.

If i were to pick up a ticket at the Vic box office, would i be able to avoid the outrageous Ticketbastard "convenience fee?" Would i just be charged for the ticket itself? If that's the case, I might be able to afford these at the last minute. I sure would love to go!

belleboy, do you realize that the whole point of this thread is that tickets are available?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Jeff-Tweedy-tickets/artist/806156?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

So you can still buy them through Ticketmaster, or as someone mentioned above, try the Vic box office.

Also, I think you've been around here long enough to know that there's a subforum specifically for buying/selling/trading tickets:

http://forums.viachicago.org/forum/26-how-to-fight-loneliness/

Please post any requests for tickets in that forum.

If i were to pick up a ticket at the Vic box office, would i be able to avoid the outrageous Ticketbastard "convenience fee?" Would i just be charged for the ticket itself? If that's the case, I might be able to afford these at the last minute. I sure would love to go!

They are on sale at the box office, I picked mine up on Saturday. The guy working there didn't even know that price range went on sale. "Whoa, there are $50 tickets?"

I'm super excited! Going on Saturday night.

That's weird, because I was definitely able to pull some up when I tried earlier (see my incredibly snarky post, above). Either they just sold out in the past hour, or there's some other reason why they're not currently available. I'd trying checking back later, because that seems wrong.

And if I lived anywhere near Chicago, I would be all over this. This will be a wonderful couple of nights and I envy anybody close enough to do this.

A colleague and I just had this exact same conversation. Suddenly Chicago doesn't seem so far away from Vancouver. I can't believe I just checked out flights. Not that it would even be remotely possible to attend...

Guest Runaway Jim

I live 3 blocks away and I'm not sure if I'm going. I must be fucking nuts. But spending money on concerts while trying to save for a vacation is not easy.

OY!

It is NOT sold out. Ticketmaster was not listing it today for about 15 minutes while they were correcting the pricing and stuff. Tickets are still available.

And yes....if you go to the box office, you can avoid the Ticketmaster charges.

Come to the show!! Come to both shows!!

Hope to see you there!!

xo

srmt

I bought some this afternoon on TM as well. We already had tickets for Saturday but decided to toss Friday in as well. It's going to be a bit hairy for me to get there in time for doors, but I'm up for the challenge.

A colleague and I just had this exact same conversation. Suddenly Chicago doesn't seem so far away from Vancouver. I can't believe I just checked out flights. Not that it would even be remotely possible to attend...

Don't judge me, but I flew down for this one year. It was worth it. Forget all commitments and go! I'm an enabler.

These are great shows for those that haven't attended. My wife and I have been quite a few times, and attended both shows last year. If you can make it... go. You won't regret it. Since my wife is out of town this weekend, my dad's watching the kids and I'm going gold circle all by myself... yeah...

Hope to see a lot of VC'ers there!

You guys.....there are 3 posters for this weekend. They are SO EFFING GREAT I can barely stand it.......I had kids at school draw Jeff.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! The posters are of these drawings. They rule. If I can figure out how to do it.....I'll try to post a pic of them.

Hope to see you this weekend!

xo

srmt

:lol I would love to see these. Makes me want to go even more. I agree, Sammy's froggy poster was so cute.

I'm sure this isn't how it went down, but picturing Jeff sitting in front of a class while children draw him is surreal.

Don't judge me, but I flew down for this one year. It was worth it. Forget all commitments and go! I'm an enabler.

I'm actually flying to Hamilton Friday to see a Blue Rodeo show. I could always fly back to Vancouver "Via Chicago" (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)