kidsmoke

Wilco Tribute #3 - 2010

Welcome to the Claims List for the Via Chicago Wilco Tribute #3. Use this thread to stake your claim for a Wilco song which you would like to contribute to this volume of our VC Tribute series, "I'm the Fan Who Loves You".

To make a claim, add a post to this thread. I will update the list continually, as claims come in.

Before claiming a song, please check that it hasn't already been claimed on the list below. Additionally, it must not have been done previously, on either Tribute Volume One or Tribute Volume Two. See here for a list of the songs which were done on those Tributes, as well as Complete Participation Guidelines: http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/43149-tribute-participation-guidelines/

Our Timeline: We will be accepting submissions for this Wilco Tribute #3 up to and until July 31st, 2010, or until we have received enough songs to fill a cd, on a first come, first served basis. Songs received beyond this deadline, or after we have a full cd's worth of songs, can be considered to be the beginning of a new Wilco Tribute cd, which would be Wilco Tribute #4. (We'll get to that when we get to it.)

For further information on submitting your song, go here: Submissions Guidelines link

Wilco Tribute 3 Claims List

Cowboy Angel - Muzzle of Bees

Rufer - I Thought I Held You

MeDave - Theologians

deepseacatfish - Wishful Thinking

mfwahl - Ashes of American Flags

Gobias Industries - Airline to Heaven

bobbob1313 - Why Would You Wanna Live

tweedys gurl & SarahC - Heavy Metal Drummer

allgodsmoney & H. Stone - You and I

The Double Downbeats - Remember the Mountain Bed

JAK2112 - Spiders (kidsmoke)

Merrick Section - Misunderstood

anthonyc007 - Hell Is Chrome

kencoomerislockedinmybasement - We're Just Friends

MCHowdy - Company in My Back

Muzzle of Dan - You Are My Face

Matt (the Z) - Everlasting Everything

You and I

for allgodsmoney and I

:thumbup por favor!

You and I

for allgodsmoney and I

:thumbup por favor!

There was a pirate in my account! :pirate

But I'm in with him anyway. :blink

Just an FYI, the above link doesn't work, is there anywhere else i can see the old list/participation guide?

Whoops, my bad. Try the link now, it should show for you. It was set so only the admins/mods could see that forum, temporarily as it was "under construction"...so when I checked if all the links worked, it worked fine...for me! But I forgot I needed to reset that for all members! Thanks for letting me know. :thumbup

Tamala, I've added your claim to the list. Can't wait to hear what you and Rob create!

Put me down for Spiders. I'll probably do something closer to the acoustic verison/YHF tour version as i don't have the capability to record drums at the moment, though that could change.

Please add "Remember the Mountain Bed" by my band, The Double Downbeats, to the list.

I love this tune!

You and me both!

Put me down for Spiders. I'll probably do something closer to the acoustic verison/YHF tour version as i don't have the capability to record drums at the moment, though that could change.

Ok, you are both added. Can't wait to hear what you make of these songs! JAK, that acoustic version is what gave me my username. :worship :wub

Guest Ordinary Beehive

I don't want to participate, but I'd love to hear the end result. Will they be posted somewhere? I didn't see anything in any of the guidelines about that...

my band, The Double Downbeats

You named your band after that disgusting new KFC sandwich, didn't you?

I don't want to participate, but I'd love to hear the end result. Will they be posted somewhere? I didn't see anything in any of the guidelines about that...

Yes! It will most definitely be shared, both with the members of Via Chicago and with the members of Wilco! For our membership here, we'll either set up trade trees or have it downloadable, or both. Details have yet to be hashed out. :thumbup

Sarah, I've added you but you really will need to choose one or the other. Also, you should speak to Rosie!

I am going to go with Pieholden Suite

Actually you didn't have a choice between those two, because I've just remembered that "When You Wake Up Feeling Old" was already done (and beautifully, too!) on Tribute #1.

Claimants, please be sure to check the Tributes One and Two songlists, in the participation guidelines, to be sure the song you intend to claim isn't among the songs already done on either Tribute One or Two. We aren't repeating songs, as the guidelines explain. Thanks! :thumbup

You named your band after that disgusting new KFC sandwich, didn't you?

Absolutely not! :no I've had that band name for over ten years. I'd sue 'em, but I think they'd win, even if the name was trademarked.

BTW, I think that sandwich is disgusting, too. :yucky

Merrick Section would like to offer up "Misunderstood" if that works?

So noted, Jim, can't wait to hear it! Have fun! :thumbup

My band So Called Star would love to contribute "Always In Love". :rock

Sorry, this song was done previously, on Tribute One, so you'll need to choose another song. Here's the info on that:

"Before claiming a song, please check that it hasn't already been claimed on the list below. Additionally, it must not have been done previously, on either Tribute Volume One or Tribute Volume Two. See here for a list of the songs which were done on those Tributes, as well as Complete Participation Guidelines: http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/43149-tribute-participation-guidelines/ "

Cool! I contributed to #2 IIRC. Now if I can just find the CD!

Gonna paste this here so I we can see it all on one page and ctrl-f to search for songs that are off the board.

Tribute 1

Should've Been In Love

How To Fight Loneliness

Box Full Of Letters

Laminated Cat

Student Loan Stereo

One By One

Blood Of The Lamb

Via Chicago

I Must Be High

I'm Always In Love

Someone Else's Song

Please Tell My Brother

Far Far Away

Passenger Side

Red-Eyed And Blue

I Got You

When You Wake Up Feeling Old

California Stars

Jesus Etc.

That's Not The Issue

Poor Places

Tribute 2

Cars Can't Escape

Forget The Flowers

I Am Not Willing

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Monday

Pick Up The Change

Pot Kettle Black

Reservations

Say You Miss Me

The Town That Lost Its Groove Supply

(Was I) In Your Dreams

What's The World Got In Store

When The Roses Bloom Again

Can I do "Hell Is Chrome"?

Sounds like fun!

You got it! :thumbup

And Dave (kencoomer etc.), who could forget your stellar version of "I'm the Man"? :cheers

I actually haven't started yet. Being a college student and all, I'm sadly (far, far) away from my recording equipment (and my beautiful piano and electric guitar). Thankfully, that all changes in less than a week though, then i should have something that im proud of ready pretty quickly

You got it! :thumbup

And Dave (kencoomer etc.), who could forget your stellar version of "I'm the Man"? :cheers

Okay, after at least 12 minutes of vicious debate, I've decided to give "We're Just Friends" a go. That's open, yes? Also, is there a time line that I have neglected to read for this thing?