kidsmoke

Wilco Tribute #3 - 2010

Uploaded!

Dan, it's amazing! :yes I can't wait to share these songs with the band & the VC community. Fabulous!

The rest of you contributors, please note the June 30th passed deadline, and get a move on! Don't make me stop this car and...whatever. Just hurry up and submit your songs, because I am not so very patient and I'll huff and I'll puff etc.

Next contributor to upload their song gets a prize to be determined by whatever interesting prize-ish stuff I have in the house here. Ready? GO!!!

Ok, my humble submission has been uploaded. Everlasting Everything.

Thousands of apologies for the delay. I won't make excuses.

I could have spent another gazillion hrs tweaking this part and that part, but I had to end it. :)

Looking forward to hearing the final product.

Thanks for all your hard work, Kidsmoke!

Just wait until you all hear Matt's take on Everlasting Everything. :cheers It is stunningly, simply, beautiful...and was created using an index finger which had been thoroughly smashed in a door just a few days back!

Nothing here to be humble about, Matt! I'm in awe of all you talented musicians. Let's get the rest of these submissions in, everybody.

Almost done. I have an excuse! Getting married on the 31st, so it's been a crazy summer.

Hypothetically, when's the latest I could upload without getting on your bad side (or am I already there)?

Almost done. I have an excuse! Getting married on the 31st, so it's been a crazy summer.

Hypothetically, when's the latest I could upload without getting on your bad side (or am I already there)?

Well, hypothetically, tomorrow by noon. :realmad

Ok, no, no no, kidsmoke could never pull off a credible "hardass" act. :blush But still, folks, this is getting ridiculous :stunned even though I know we are all busy people with a certain amount of deeply-summertime-lazy layered in alongside some really good excuses! :yes

Please, work as quickly as you can manage, and hey, congrats on your upcoming wedding! Let the love you are swimming around in these days help you create a song of beauty! Soon! Very soon.

I'll be sending out a group message & update in a day or so to keep everybody informed, and in all seriousness please hurry & get done before I begin to grind my teeth and make small grrrrrr-ing noises in the back of my throat.* It isn't pretty.

* Directed at not just mfwahl of course but at every one of you who hasn't wrapped this up! B)

I say dreamer in my dreams.

Yeah well, that's me...ever the optimist. :yes

But just you wait & see, this will be a glorious cd. :)

I'm gonna have mine up in a few days, sorry for the huge delay kidsmoke, i had to start from scratch after a computer theft in mid may, but ive got it almost all done again. And backed up which should have happened the first time as well

I'm gonna have mine up in a few days, sorry for the huge delay kidsmoke, i had to start from scratch after a computer theft in mid may, but ive got it almost all done again. And backed up which should have happened the first time as well

Sorry for your computer theft, JAK, that really sucks. Thanks for letting me know your situation, and thanks to all of you contributors who have given me feedback on the status of your songs!

I've spent today working on inside cover art. It's a secret. Shhhh. You'll see it when you see it. :ninja

The mix-down process will be finished tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. :cheers

...and we're uploaded.

...and we're uploaded.

...and you're brilliant!!! It lives up to everything I hoped for, Rob...you and Tamala have done a gorgeous version! :worship I'm so proud already of this little disc we are creating. Can't wait for it to be heard!

The rest of you foot-dragging contributors, hurry it up please!

Sorry for the ENORMOUS delay, but its finally here! My track is finally done and being uploaded within the hour!

Justin, please forgive me for being on a Solid-Sound-induced holidaze, but suffice to say I have received your terrific version of Spiders, and am, once again, in awe of the talent on this board. All of you taking part in this tribute are going to be tremendously pleased with the quality of the company you're keeping. We're at seven songs now, about 33 minutes of great music. I'm looking for at least 3 to 5 more songs to consider it filled and finished. If any of you know other would-be contributors and would like to give them a nudge, have at it. I'm feeling like a bit of a nag but doing my best to get these songs in!

Once again, Justin, my compliments! Wow. :thumbup :cheers

Justin, please forgive me for being on a Solid-Sound-induced holidaze, but suffice to say I have received your terrific version of Spiders, and am, once again, in awe of the talent on this board. All of you taking part in this tribute are going to be tremendously pleased with the quality of the company you're keeping. We're at seven songs now, about 33 minutes of great music. I'm looking for at least 3 to 5 more songs to consider it filled and finished. If any of you know other would-be contributors and would like to give them a nudge, have at it. I'm feeling like a bit of a nag but doing my best to get these songs in!

Once again, Justin, my compliments! Wow. :thumbup :cheers

I could get 2 more songs to you if you want.

Airline and Shouldn't be ashamed?

When do you absolutely need em by. My little folk group is playing the county fair this weekend, so I probably couldn't do it til after labor day...I have 4 days off then.

I could get 2 more songs to you if you want.

Airline and Shouldn't be ashamed?

When do you absolutely need em by. My little folk group is playing the county fair this weekend, so I probably couldn't do it til after labor day...I have 4 days off then.

Rob, I'd love to hear you do both of those, but can't accept them for the Tribute since we have a one-song-per-person-per-tribute limit. Also, Gobias Industries (a member) has a claim in already for "Airline". I'll be in touch with you in a bit by pm. Hi to Tamala!

i think? mine's uploaded. Hopefully no one else did there's in a dirty south rap style.

My dearest cowboyangel, your "Muzzle of Bees" came in beautifully and sounds so, so good. I expected nothing less after your gorgeous "Cars Can't Escape" last tribute! This one is equally strong. I love your voice. :) Your song gives me the warm fuzzies.

Michael, got yours too, way to dazzle! :thumbup My 19-yr-old son Brennan and I listened together and alternately grooved to it and giggled with delight. I can assure you that no one on any of the 3 tributes has quite your style! :lol Love it to pieces!

I've been working all this weekend organizing our data and tweaking various parts of the cover art. We now have a total running time of 42 min.42 sec....a very nice length, especially as I am still expecting our final two songs any day. We will have a total of 11 songs all told. I'm really proud of this disc! I'll be keeping you all updated.

Guest Rufer

Posted my recording last night.

Sorry for the delay--especially to those that had theirs in months ago.