kidsmoke

Tweedy Tribute #1 - 2010 or later

We are not working on a Tweedy Tribute at the current time.

NO TWEEDY TRIBUTE SONG CLAIMS MAY BE MADE AT THIS TIME.*

This topic is being posted here primarily as a place saver. We are not currently working on this Tribute, but plan to do so on some future date following completion of the current, and ongoing, Wilco Tribute #3.

For informational purposes only, for now, here are the basic guidelines for a Tweedy Tribute as contrasted with a Wilco Tribute:

TWEEDY TRIBUTE SONGS:

-Must be songs written and sung by Jeff Tweedy. May be from previous bands (such as Uncle Tupelo), side project bands (such as Golden Smog or Loose Fur), or solo performances.

-Must not be other peoples' songs that Jeff Tweedy has covered.

We'll be discussing this at a later date! :thumbup

*Although no claims for an upcoming Tweedy Tribute are being accepted now, some VC members have retained their claims for this tribute from back in 2004, when we originally set out to make a Tweedy Tribute. A major board crash at that time scratched the plans for that Tribute. Members who had claimed songs at that time have been given until the end of April (2010) to decide whether or not to retain their song claims. To see our original 2004 Tweedy Claims List, go here: Outdated Tweedy Claims List from 2004 I will be updating this as members notify me to reclaim or to release their songs from that original list, up through April 30, 2010. Any songs not reclaimed as of that date are considered released and available to be done once we do a Tweedy Tribute. I REPEAT, WE ARE NOT DOING A TWEEDY TRIBUTE AT THIS TIME.