6 degrees of separation

Can you relate yourself to a famous person? I'm sure if you can think, you can find tons of them.

Since this is a Wilco forum, I'll start with how i can relate to Wilco.

I am in a band that is signed to a record label in Japan (Moor Works) and one of our label mates (Califone) toured with Wilco!

I know the guy who has mastered several Wilco albums.

and i've met Nels, Glen, Pat, and John.

But heres my favorite one. It goes in a circle.

I know a kid, who was in that movie "Music and Lyrics", Hue Grant was in that movie, Hue Grant introduced Roger Waters and Eric Clapton at a Tsunami

benefit concert. Eric Clapton had Derek Trucks in ECs touring band. Derek Trucks plays guitar for the Allman Brothers band. And my friends dad is the

manager for the Allman Bothers band

Feel free to brag. cuz i totally am. haha!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Second Cousin is an illusionist who designs illusions for tours and worked with Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Usher and a few others...I don't know if that means I am 1 degree from the Jackson's but if that is the case that is freaky!

I played drums in a band once. When I quit, the drummer that replaced me was the bassist for Mr. Crowes Garden...the band which we now know as the Black Crowes. Jimmy Page played with the Black Crowes.

So, how many degrees of separation are there between me and the Honeydrippers?

My mother's maiden name is Sevigny and she's from MA. She has relatives that she doesn't really know out of Springfield, MA which is where Chloe Sevigny is from.

So my (allegedly) 2nd cousin is famous for giving some asshole director a blowjob on film and in the final print and got hell from Roger Ebert.

You don't have to tell me that that sucks. :ninja

I have walked past Kevin Bacon on the street. Same for Jim Jarmusch AND eaten in the same restaurant as that blow jobbing Chloe Sevigny. does this count?

Guest Runaway Jim

Well, I posted something about Kevin Bacon, then realize kclif had beat me to it, went to edit it, and then accidentally deleted it. So fuck this thread.

I like the use of the term "blowjobbing". Hilarious.

Well, I posted something about Kevin Bacon, then realize kclif had beat me to it, went to edit it, and then accidentally deleted it. So fuck this thread.

I like the use of the term "blowjobbing". Hilarious.

I saw your post. you could have kept it up. WTF?

1. My sister used to own a resort in northern Minnesota.

2. She sold the resort to Grant Young, former drummer of Soul Asylum, after he was kicked out of the band.

3. Dan Murphy is also a member of Soul Asylum (and was so during Grant's period).

4. Murphy is also a member of Golden Smog.

5. Tweedy was a member of Golden Smog.

5 degrees. Boring.

Guest Runaway Jim

I saw your post. you could have kept it up. WTF?

I'll tell you what the fuck. I edited it. Then went to edit it again, but accidentally hit the delete button, which is just ridiculously too right next to the edit button, and there was a pop up that said something, which I now imagine was "Are you sure you want to delete?" that I entered through, and then it was gone.

Oh well. It's not like my original post was in any way true.

when I was a kid, my dad took me backstage to the Grand Ole' Opry and I met Roy Acuff and Little Jimmy Dickens in the same night.

when I was a kid, my dad took me backstage to the Grand Ole' Opry and I met Roy Acuff and Little Jimmy Dickens in the same night.

Now that's cool.

I served some chicken to Taj Mahal once. He was wearing a Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus jacket.

haha, that's so awesome.

Unfortunately, I didn't know it was him until afterwards. The only reason I knew it was him was because my boss had been a stagehand for Bill Graham, working primarily at Winterland, and was a big fan/pseudo-acquaintance of Taj.

Me and my coworker were just psyched to see his jacket, as the RR Circus had just/finally been released. Then when we found out it was Taj Mahal we were both psyched for the rest of our shift.

One of my instructors from college, who, for the record, was not very good, but he played and knew Nels Cline and is good friends with the cello player in the film "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart".

Another instructor worked with Glyn Johns for years, worked with everyone from Bob Dylan to The Who. Had some good stories about Duran Duran doing coke on his mixing board and kicking them out of the studio.

(Also my father is Clapton/IATTBYB, in case you forgot)

My friend Kevin (lead singer of The Shods), who also happens to be my wife’s cousin, was a close friend of Joe Strummer – end of need to elaborate further.

Hey do you know Dave Aaronoff (ex-Shods)?

I worked with Dave Aaronoff at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, where I once provided a bottle of water to museum guest Tony Bennett, at his request.

Guest Speed Racer

My mother rode in an elevator with MC Hammer in the early '90s. She and my father were staying at a hotel in Miami, and my mother needed to run up from the lobby to her room to use the bathroom. The elevator doors opened, but my mom was pushed out of the way by a LARGE gentleman who said, "Lady, stop: this elevator's for The Hammer." My mom basically said "To hell with you!" and rode up to her floor with him and his entourage in the elevator.