6 degrees of separation

Oh, also, my buddy John (with whom I recorded part of my album) was a part of the Lake Forest (IL) H.S. class of 1988. He had a couple of friends with whom he took a road trip to Florida one Spring Break:

Vince Vaughan and Dave Eggers.

Not a bad class for making a name for themselves.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once rode up the chair lift with one of the Nelsons. You know, of Nelson. I don't know which one it was. My husband asked him, "Have any new albums coming out?"

I personally always thought Matthew was better looking than Gunner. When was the chair lift ride, your husband's comment is hilarious (and cruel which makes it even funnier)!

While working at the movie theater I sold tickets to Triple H & Chyna and David J from Bauhaus and Love & Rockets. (someone told me that he lives in a small town in MA)

I shared the same restroom and sink as Uncle Frank from the Jimmy Kimmel Show while waiting for said show to begin filming.

I personally always thought Matthew was better looking than Gunner. When was the chair lift ride, your husband's comment is hilarious (and cruel which makes it even funnier)!

It was the early 90's at a celebrity ski weekend in Santa Fe. I am now remembering it was Gunner because first my husband asked "Which one are you?" followed by, "Where's your brother?" It was kind of funny, he and his brother waited in the singles lines so they wouldn't have to wait too long in line. They actually weren't bad skiers. Also notable that weekend was that guy from that show and that other guy from the other show.

I was never quite sure how this works. Is that zero degrees? Or in order to be zero degrees separated, must you be Tim Rutili?

There were moments during that show where I could have sworn it was zero °s.

Guest Runaway Jim

In the early 90s, my family was having dinner with my dad's boss's family at Michael Jordan's restaurant. Bill Murray was there and when he was leaving, my dad's boss's wife yelled, "Hey, what about Bob?" and Murray didn't say anything nor look any too pleased. At the time, we were all disappointed, but in hindsight, I love that reaction.

"The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff lives down the road from me. I see him from time to time at the grocery store. He has to lean hard on the shopping cart for support as years of injuries have taken their toll. Just once I'd love to see him dragging his chain around, but he's more into Jesus these days.