Kicking Television vinyl box set?

Just saw this on a list of releases for Record Store Day (April 17):

Wilco - Kicking Television, Live In Chicago - Limited to 5,000 $68.99

Details = 4LP 180 gram box with 8 bonus tracks

Sounds pretty rad, if true! :thumbup

Now I just better be able to get my hands on one... :pirate

(And I wonder if any of the bonus tracks will be from the ill-fated fourth show of that run, when technical difficulties made for a highly memorable show...)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this thread is from long in the past, but I'm sitting here listening to my Kicking Television box set right now and basking in how amazing it sounds.   Kind of funny that people initi

Wow, this is awesome news, considering this was the email response they sent me about a year ago:

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, at this time, there is no plan to reissue Kicking Television on vinyl; just their complete studio albums. I will forward your suggestion on to others at the label to let them know of your interest.

Sincerely,

Nonesuch Records

I hope I can score one at my record store.

saul goode

that's all well and good, but $68.99... :yucky

I agree, too much for me to cough up or justify.

I don't worry about quanities, the Pavement LP last year was limited to 2,500 copies and my local shop still has about a dozen of them...

Here's a legit indie record store to order from if you can't find one within your local town etc.

Bull Moose Records

Analogman has an interesting story about ordering a Fleetwood Mac cd.

I'd gladly pick it up for someone, but at that price it enters sketchy territory for both parties. :thumbup

I don't worry about quanities, the Pavement LP last year was limited to 2,500 copies and my local shop still has about a dozen of them...

Seriously?! Where do you live?

This KICKING TELEVISION box actually sounds amazing, considering the sound quality on the CD and the potential for how good it could sound on vinyl, and with 8 bonus tracks?! Price seems reasonable to me, I'd pay that alone for just the first 6 songs on disc 2 on vinyl!

Of course, it will probably be impossible for me to obtain, but here's hoping...

Any word on what the bonus tracks are?

Not yet. But I really hope that they are different tracks from what is on Kicking Television. (No shit!)

Unless if they have stuff like Misunderstood with the horns.

Also, it would be nice if these 8 bonus tracks were not somehow included on the Ashes Bonus mp3's. Meaning I would rather have something like Pieholden Suite as opposed to War On War which was on the Ashes Bonus mp3's (or what was on the actual DVD)

PS I'm betting Theologians is on there.

A List Of The Usual Suspects:

She's A Jar

Remember The Mountain Bed

Far, Far Away

I'm Always In Love

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

I'm A Wheel

Less Than You Think

Someone Else's Song

Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

Kamera

Candyfloss

Another Man's Done Gone

Passenger Side

How To Fight Loneliness

Just A Kid

Say You Miss Me

Hesitating Beauty

Sunken Treasure

Political Science

Be Not So Fearful

The Lonely 1

New Madrid

I Shall Be Released

Someday Soon

California Stars

A Magazine Called Sunset

Promising

Hoodoo Voodoo

Something In The Air

*Wow! I wish I hadn't done that.

8 IS NOT ENOUGH :stunned

I think I will buy it even though it is a bit pricey. I am also going to get Deerhoof's "Apples O'" on vinyl record store day too because it is being reprinted.

I am guessing "Theologians" and "How to Fight Loneliness" will be on the bonus tracks since they have been released for something else that I can't remember.

I think I will buy it even though it is a bit pricey. I am also going to get Deerhoof's "Apples O'" on vinyl record store day too because it is being reprinted.

I am guessing "Theologians" and "How to Fight Loneliness" will be on the bonus tracks since they have been released for something else that I can't remember.

These tracks from that stand have been released, but were not on the CDs:

• How to Fight Loneliness (5-2005 The Vic, Chicago, IL) - MP3/FLAC bonus track with pre-order of “Kicking Television: Live in Chicago” from musictoday.com
  • Theologians (5-2005 The Vic, Chicago, IL) - Think Indie “Sky Blue Sky” promo EP
  • Monday (5-2005 The Vic, Chicago, IL) - iTunes bonus track with “Kicking Television: Live in Chicago”

Seriously?! Where do you live?

Greenville, SC and dude, I am serious. I think between both of the stores here in town, they have almost every "exclusive" release from last RSD available too, except for a few things. Crazy. I was there when the doors opened. This year, I'm not waking up so early.

Excellent news! Now on to "Mermaid Avenue 2" the complete YHF demos and "More Like the Moon". Only then will my Wilco vinyl cravings be truly satisfied.

nice bonus tracks:

Another Man's Done Gone

How to Fight Loneliness

Theologians

Kamera

Just a Kid

Monday

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

I'm a Wheel

My only complaint with a set this massive is having to do a hell of a lot of getting up to flip and change records. I guess it will work my abs a little.