Kicking Television vinyl box set?

I haven't received the email.

I was really looking forward to getting this after a rough week at work. I chose to pay for shipping in order to guarantee that I receive it asap. I knew that was probably a mistake.

Count me among those who do not care about the sticker. :ohwell

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this thread is from long in the past, but I'm sitting here listening to my Kicking Television box set right now and basking in how amazing it sounds.   Kind of funny that people initi

I got the same email, but haven't replied yet, have they replied to your request to ship it now?

I emailed them my request, and no, they haven't responded to that email. But they have charged my card since then, which I take to mean that they've shipped it. They also haven't emailed me the tracking number yet (I chose UPS), but I expect that email soon.

my copy landed early this morning at my office from Nonesuch. :rock First impressions of packaging and B&W photos are just what i expected form this band... OUTFUCKENSTANDING!!! I can't wait to spin this tonight!

I will not go into detail on the photos so i don't spoil everyones delivery. :cheekkiss

my copy landed early this morning at my office from Nonesuch. :rock First impressions of packaging and B&W photos are just what i expected form this band... OUTFUCKENSTANDING!!! I can't wait to spin this tonight!

I will not go into detail on the photos so i don't spoil everyones delivery. :cheekkiss

Did yours come w/the cd too? Does the cd have the bonus tracks?

Did yours come w/the cd too? Does the cd have the bonus tracks?

no cd that i can find... :dontgetit Usually it's in with the vinyl packaging with other releases wilco has offered cd's with the vinyl. i guess i'll wait to see if others got one before i call.

no cd that i can find... :dontgetit Usually it's in with the vinyl packaging with other releases wilco has offered cd's with the vinyl. i guess i'll wait to see if others got one before i call.

Hmmm...maybe only the units sold during record store day have it? I'm thinking that might explain part of the 1000 limited editions? Maybe the 1000 units sold at the stores have the cd and the rest don't? I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I'm going downtown early in the morning to make sure i get this thing.

Hmmm...maybe only the units sold during record store day have it? I'm thinking that might explain part of the 1000 limited editions? Maybe the 1000 units sold at the stores have the cd and the rest don't? I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I'm going downtown early in the morning to make sure i get this thing.

that doesn't make much sense. mine was sealed as i'm sure the record store releases will be too. unless the record stores just throw in a copy of the cd.

I would think getting it directly from the bands label all the perks would be included...

looking back at the wilco store it doesn't say anything about a cd being included...

Box Set Contents

- 4 wax discs (8 previously unreleased bonus tracks)

- A foldout commemorative poster

- A free 7 x 3.5 vinyl sticker featuring skyline logo (exclusive to the Wilco store)

all i got the was the 4 disc the poster and the booklet but not the sticker. I too thought i saw a cd was to be included when i ordered. does anyone have the link that said it was to be included handy?

I just got off the phone with Kung Foo and talked to a very informative rep for them. She said orders are being shipped today and there will not be a cd copy included in the box set, or a sticker. But the stickers will be shipped at a later dated because of production issues with the stickers. We also figured sense i got my copy today i must not have order it through Kung Foos web page. looking at my packing slip she was right i ordered directly through Nunesuch.

sooo unless the recored stores are throwing in a copy of the cd, the digital download is all you will be getting in digital form and because of that the only way to hear the unreleased tracks will by on side 7 and 8 of the vinyl release.

Mine arrived from Nonesuch today, in great shape due to the heavy duty box/packing and even bubble wrap inside the box set itself to stop the vinyl moving in tranist. As stated no CD and no sticker but I didn't expect one as I didn't get it from the Wilco store.

mine was shipped the same way... when i opened it i was instantly reminded of AGIB. The box set was sanwitched between two large egg crates with bubble wrap between the crates and the box. No way your KT set could get damaged short of it falling off the back of the ups truck on Interstate 35 and getting run over! :stunned

i should note i was reminded of AGIB because of the egg crates...

Kudos to whoever made the call for shipping the box and then the stickers separate.

I've already got the CD, so unless the bonus tracks are on it, I don't care all that much.

Has anybody done the math on whether the bonus tracks would fit on 2 cds anyway? I'm sure a decent vinyl rip of the bonus tracks will show up pretty quick anyway.

Kudos to whoever made the call for shipping the box and then the stickers separate.

I've already got the CD, so unless the bonus tracks are on it, I don't care all that much.

Has anybody done the math on whether the bonus tracks would fit on 2 cds anyway? I'm sure a decent vinyl rip of the bonus tracks will show up pretty quick anyway.

probably one disc...the times of the tunes are not listed on the disc or the notes so until i spin it i can't be sure if it will be less then 80 min. pretty sure each track will not average 10 min though.

My local record store had 5 for NRSD. He was more than happy to let me buy it today. Went straight to the unreleased tracks, just finished Kamera. The disc is flawless so far. Solid mix.

Got an ugly orange Wilco (the album) bandanna as a freebie with the purchase of the box set.

What are the bonus tracks??

they cover Iron Maiden's _Powerslave_.

;)

another man's done gone

how to fight lonliness

theologians

kamera

just a kid

monday

outtasite(outtamind)

i'm a wheel

i got the last (only?) box @ the store today. the friendly policeman hired for security alerted me to it after i was talking w/ someone and mentioned i'd not seen it. he is a fan and saw the Boston show. :D