Kicking Television vinyl box set?

with the price point I'm thinking it might take a year to sell all the copies. Beck's information LP package which is priced similarly took about a year to sell out and now sells for double on ebay. Maybe a decade for KT doubling in value was a bit of a stretch. I should never under estimate the loyalty of the Wilco fan base.

I got my copy of KT on pre order. I probably won't spin it much, but i had to keep the integrity of my complete Wilco vinyl collection intact. :dancing

I just looked for the heck of it. Some record store has one on there already - it's at 99 bucks after two bids.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this thread is from long in the past, but I'm sitting here listening to my Kicking Television box set right now and basking in how amazing it sounds.   Kind of funny that people initi

I just looked for the heck of it. Some record store has one on there already - it's at 99 bucks after two bids.

There's some for Buy it Now for $150, but that doesn't tell us much regarding its actual value at auction. Funny, because it looks like the Wilco store still has stock.

I was able to get the Modest Mouse repress of Moon & Antarctica and Sonic Youth - Hits Are For Squares. Happy with my two finds, but I wish I could have found the Pavement - Quarantine RSD edition. My local store got 8 copies and they were gone within the first hour of them opening. On eBay they are already selling for $70. Whhyyyy people?? This is annoying, because if they were to press MORE copies of each, the record stores would do better, because more people would buy stuff. I walked out of one store without buying anything, because I was looking for that specific record...weird system that the labels have. Isn't this about supporting our local stores?

There's some for Buy it Now for $150, but that doesn't tell us much regarding its actual value at auction. Funny, because it looks like the Wilco store still has stock.

I was able to get the Modest Mouse repress of Moon & Antarctica and Sonic Youth - Hits Are For Squares. Happy with my two finds, but I wish I could have found the Pavement - Quarantine RSD edition. My local store got 8 copies and they were gone within the first hour of them opening. On eBay they are already selling for $70. Whhyyyy people?? This is annoying, because if they were to press MORE copies of each, the record stores would do better, because more people would buy stuff. I walked out of one store without buying anything, because I was looking for that specific record...weird system that the labels have. Isn't this about supporting our local stores?

just a thought... maybe it's the store employee/owner that gets the few copies of the really rare releases and then sets the market price?

well maybe they are hoping that the draw of certain titles gets people into the store, but if that title is sold out, then the person might buy something else. maybe even something not RSD-related.

well maybe they are hoping that the draw of certain titles gets people into the store, but if that title is sold out, then the person might buy something else. maybe even something not RSD-related.

Agreed. And it was on oversight on my part to the reason behind RSD. It definitely is a time to support the stores, but the releases aren't for the sole purpose of supporting stores. I've talked with my local store owner, and he calls the day a "shot in the arm" to get him through the year. RSD is truly a blessing for these stores, because the labels reach out and promote the small establishments, but they also speak to the real record collecting junkies with this ultra exclusive stuff. The end purpose of RSD is to help indie stores, but the means to that end are probably not the exclusive releases. All of the local stores had sales going on too...

I went hoping to find the Beastie disc, and walked out with Summerteeth, so yeah.

tinnitus, you ever check out Rhythm & Muse in JP? My visits are way too few and far between, but it's a really cool place.

I got my copy. No sticker or CD, but since the only reason I bought this was for those 4 thick slabs of vinyl, I am happy.

I got a phone call as I was checking out that a good friend of mine (the drummer in my high school band) died yesterday. Im not too excited about the box set anymore

I got my copy. No sticker or CD, but since the only reason I bought this was for those 4 thick slabs of vinyl, I am happy.

I got a phone call as I was checking out that a good friend of mine (the drummer in my high school band) died yesterday. Im not too excited about the box set anymore

sincere condolences...that sucks

Somebody bought one of these on Ebay yesterday for $125.00 and Kung Fu will still ship one to your house for $70.00. Duh.

Actually it made little sense fot this to be part of record store day adn create a panic.

LouieB

So has anybody that pre-ordered thru the Kung Fu store gotten their boxed set yet? Or even a notification that it has shipped?

Got an email today saying that mine shipped. I emailed them on RSD asking if it had shipped, because they didn't notify me about the delay. They responded today saying that they were delayed (stickers) and will ship this week. Doesn't hurt to email! Just respond to the initial order confirmation message they sent.

So has anybody that pre-ordered thru the Kung Fu store gotten their boxed set yet?

Or even a notification that it has shipped?

I know I haven't.

Got a shipping notification from Kung Fu today. No tracking info yet, expecting it probably wed. or thur.

Hi everyone - I just posted this in the RSD thread in SES if anyone is interested. Of course, this plan may end up backfiring on me since it looks like there are plenty floating around in the Wilco store. Anyway, I meant well!

... I decided to pick up a second Wilco box. Why? Well, I figured that someone here would get shut out, or would only have a local store that didn't get it. Also, I knew that scumbags would be posting the box on ebay for $150, and I'd get the satisfaction of seeing my copy go to someone for the proper price and let those tools eat their loss. Or, one of them, at least. Anyway, long story short, if you are looking for a sealed, brand-new Wilco KT box of LPs, from Record Store Day, I am happy to sell it and ship it to you for the price I paid -- $75. Hit me with a PM if you are interested. It's yours.