Kicking Television vinyl box set?

Anybody else have their set arrive damaged? Just opened my package that arrived today and the front is dented in / torn right through 'Television' through 'Chicago'. I didn't break the seal and just emailed the Kung Fun Nation folks to find out what I'm supposed to do. I guess its not a huge deal but after paying $75 and the UPS shipping I would expect this thing in mint condition. Was really looking forward to diving into this release tonight. Hopefully there is an easy fix.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this thread is from long in the past, but I'm sitting here listening to my Kicking Television box set right now and basking in how amazing it sounds.   Kind of funny that people initi

I'm soooooooo glad I have today and tomorrow off from work.

My box set arrived this morning in beautiful condition (along with two stickers). This is the first vinyl box set I've purchased, and I'm blown away by the beauty and weight of the set. This one is going on my bookcase rather than in the record cabinet.

As an added bonus, my clear Neko Case Middle Cyclone vinyl was sitting on the porch next to the Wilco box when I opened the door this morning. Going to have lots of fun with the turntable today!

got my set today too! it shipped on 4/20 and came today and that's with the inexpensive shipping! listening to Comment now and the bonus songs. soundin' pretty good :thumbup

edit: forgot to mention that I ordered with Nonesuch instead of Kung Fu.

The clear edition of Neko Case's Middle Cyclone sounds good, too. It's thinner and, well, clearer than its black vinyl cousin, and I was worried that would mean noisier as well. Thankfully not the case.

I'm glad to hear that the sound is good. I was wondering about that myself, but couldn't pass up the chance to buy a copy. Other than a white Pearl Jam 45 that I bought last year, this is my first experience outside the world of black vinyl. I'm looking forward to listening!

i can't believe that a couple of copies went for $150 via ebay...RSD is gonna turn into idiots scooping up armfuls of stuff they don't care about, and hoping to make some $ via flipping on ebay. i had heard that some stores had 1 copy per person rule in place, which makes some sense. i don't think they should advertise the pressing size, personally. if someone doesn't know how limited something is, they may not make arbitrary purchases, and fans will be able to get 'em.

As a follow up to my earlier post about my set arriving damaged. I received a reply back from kungfu nation and they emailed me a postage paid label and said drop it in the mail, email us when it is mailed and we will ship back a new copy. Just wanted to mention the very positive experience I had with the store.

4 to 5 DAYS or weeks? Where are you located?

Weeks. And I paid $16 for shipping. I'm located in Edmonton, Alberta. They also said they couldn't trace the package. Honestly, if it wasn't a RSD release that might never show up here, I wouldn't have ordered online. I don't have great luck with ordering lps online. I vowed after the gong show with the last Ryan Adams that I wouldn't do it again, but I really want a copy of this one. Hopefully everything works out. I'm also hoping that they waaaay overestimated the shipping time.

I'm also curious if other Canadians have received theirs yet.

I'm in Alberta too and I've found the kungfu shipping to be fast, about 2 weeks, which is good from NC to here. About 8 days to get here and 2 to 3 days to clear customs. The reason why they say 4 to 5 weeks is because customs can take that long if the paperwork isn't in order or if they need to verify the country of origin or something weird like that. Can't wait to get mine in :)

I struck out on Record Store Day so I ordered from Kung Fu later that day, and got a shipping notification on the 22nd (Thursday). The tracking suggests it'll be delivered tomorrow. :dancing

I struck out on Record Store Day so I ordered from Kung Fu later that day, and got a shipping notification on the 22nd (Thursday). The tracking suggests it'll be delivered tomorrow. :dancing

Success! Arrived today.

Holy crap, I guess I didn't expect the box to be so deep. There were two layers of bubble wrap inside the sealed box to help cushion the records during transit.