Last night's season finale was just phenomenal. At first, I thought Walt really was selling out Jesse - but that was a brilliant move to trick Mike into letting Walt call him to take care of Gale.

Gus showed that he's willing to play hardball if he needs to, as did Walt. How are they going to work together again? One also wonders what this is going to do to Jesse's mental state... he really, really didn't want to do that, but he knew it was the only thing to keep Walt (and himself) alive.

You know it's a good show when you're pissed that it's over... I don't want to have to wait until next season to find out what happens next!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's season finale was just phenomenal. At first, I thought Walt really was selling out Jesse - but that was a brilliant move to trick Mike into letting Walt call him to take care of Gale.

Gus showed that he's willing to play hardball if he needs to, as did Walt. How are they going to work together again? One also wonders what this is going to do to Jesse's mental state... he really, really didn't want to do that, but he knew it was the only thing to keep Walt (and himself) alive.

You know it's a good show when you're pissed that it's over... I don't want to have to wait until next season to find out what happens next!

I agree with everything you said here. It was phenomenal, and I don't want to have to wait as long as we will have to wait to find out the next part of the story. Well, at least Mad Men will be back again next month.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone else tune in for this last night? Thought it was pretty intense, myself.

They sure know how to reel us in from the get-go. Last season ended dramitically so I knew things were going to be tense. That Gus is one cold mofo...

They sure know how to reel us in from the get-go. Last season ended dramitically so I knew things were going to be tense. That Gus is one cold mofo...

Absolutely -- they picked right up where they left off. This is going to be one hell of a season.

One also wonders what this is going to do to Jesse's mental state... he really, really didn't want to do that, but he knew it was the only thing to keep Walt (and himself) alive.

Looking back at what I wrote at the end of last season re: Jesse's mental state... his conversation with Walt at the diner was chilling.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, it just keeps getting better and better. I really think it's the best thing on right now. This last episode was the best of the season, so far. The tension keeps building and building, but there was still enough humor provided by Saul and the Walt vs. Skyler scene to keep it from being unbearable.

For me, it just keeps getting better and better. I really think it's the best thing on right now. This last episode was the best of the season, so far. The tension keeps building and building, but there was still enough humor provided by Saul and the Walt vs. Skyler scene to keep it from being unbearable.

I completely agree. This season has started out very strong and this week's episode was the best so far.

When Hank played that karaoke video for Walt & Jr. I thought Walt was going to lose it. And then when Hank brought up the "W.W." dedication, it seemed as if he sensed something funny about Walt's behavior.

I have a feeling Hank will eventually figure out that Walt is Heisenberg -- the only question is whether he'll turn against his brother-in-law.

Does anyone else find Skyler an incredibly annoying character? I always thought she was pretty horrible, even going back to the beginning of the series, where Walt seemed almost like the stereotypical henpecked husband and she seemed like the ultimate ball-busting beeyotch. (Your husband has to work a part-time job washing his students' cars so you can be a stay-at-home mom? Really?) I found her more than a little sanctimonious when she learned that Walt was cooking, but now that she has come into the business on some level, and is telling lies left and right, it's kind of oddly amusing to observe her moral decline.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else find Skyler an incredibly annoying character? I always thought she was pretty horrible, even going back to the beginning of the series, where Walt seemed almost like the stereotypical henpecked husband and she seemed like the ultimate ball-busting beeyotch. (Your husband has to work a part-time job washing his students' cars so you can be a stay-at-home mom? Really?) I found her more than a little sanctimonious when she learned that Walt was cooking, but now that she has come into the business on some level, and is telling lies left and right, it's kind of oddly amusing to observe her moral decline.

She is annoying, but Walt has become far more annoying. Theyve done a really great job with the character arcs to now basically see how Walt has swapped places with Jessie, on an emotional level.

i really wonder what's gonna happen. my hunch is that gus is not gonna make it to next season. he is a psychopath. the formula has always been...everything is breaking bad, but then it works out (usually in a dark way).

• 2 weeks later...

i just found out that the first three seasons are on netflix... I finally broke down and watched the first episode last night. It was pretty good... I mean I have a feeling I'll be liking this show... but not jizzing over it like everyone else does.