Dr. Dog - Shame, Shame

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally picked up "Shame" on Saturday.

It's great. The production sounds crisper to me than the previous records and I like it every bit as much if not more than Fate right outta the gate.

It's a great, great record. I've taken a break from it the last few days so I don't get burned out, but I don't know how much longer I can go.. :)

Still bummed that they aren't touring anywhere near me.. No southern dates whatsoever, except for one in Florida I believe. The closest date is Birmingham, and that's like a 6 hour drive for me..... :ohwell

Dr. Dog Kicks Off Monthly Live Ustream Concert Series From Creative Allies At Ex'pression College For Digital Arts

Creative Allies launches a monthly series of live web concerts powered by Ustream which will take place on a professional-grade sound stage at Ex'pression College for Digital Arts. The first concert will feature Dr. Dog and airs at 3pm PST, Sunday, April 25th.

To watch the performance, visit http://www.creativeallies.com or http://Ustream.tv, the reliable leader in live online video.

i was really into these guys for a long time, and then i was denied access (by the bouncer) to one of their shows. bowery ballroom, the 'we all belong tour.' for some reason, i haven't listened to them since.

Saw them tonight in Dallas--fantastic set. The new songs sound huge live. Got to speak to Scott for an article last week, too. Really nice fella.

Saw them tonight in Dallas--fantastic set. The new songs sound huge live. Got to speak to Scott for an article last week, too. Really nice fella.

I can second that. Great show. And DrNo, I think we were standing next to you. Enjoyed your dancing. Saw you taking some notes, are you writing a review?

I can second that. Great show. And DrNo, I think we were standing next to you. Enjoyed your dancing. Saw you taking some notes, are you writing a review?

Yes. Probably won't be up till Monday morning, though.

As for the dancing, I hope you recover from the experience.

The Loft - Dallas. The new material is terrific live! Had a nice chat with Toby downstairs and requested Die, die, die for a buddy, but there was no room for it in this powerhouse set. Better than the show at Lola's last year. :worship

toby.jpg

i agree and don't understand the bashing of them by Pitchfork, thought Shame was mostly positive.

they don't discredit bands who are heavily Beach Boys influence, but 'dog' them for the Beatles influence?

The Loft - Dallas. The new material is terrific live! Had a nice chat with Toby downstairs and requested Die, die, die for a buddy, but there was no room for it in this powerhouse set. Better than the show at Lola's last year. :worship

Thanks for trying. You're right though, the set had no room for slowing down.

Man, I haven't wanted to see a band play live this bad in a long time..... Looks like their live shows have reached a whole new level of awesomeness, and I didn't think that was humanly possible...

Southern dates.. Pretty please... :pray