Rolling Stones' Exile On Main Street Week

I actually like it. Yes, it's bastardized, but at its core it's a pretty good song.

i heard it on the radio of all places. very awesome. i may have to pick this up. never been a huge stones fan, but the trailer to that doc seems so cool.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want Ronnie Wood ANYWHERE near Mick Taylor guitar parts for overdubing or tinkering with years after the fact. I just don't get why more people don't appreciate how important the Mick was.

I bet just Mick and Keith did whatever they added on to the tracks. Although, I think I read somewhere that Mick Taylor was called in to do some work.

Proof there might be a god.

The weeks lineup, or so I heard.

Mon: Green Day

Tues: Keith Urban

Wed: Sheryl Crow

Thur: Phish

Fri: doesn't say, just says official release and a picture of the album. Rumor has it that the Stones might show up, doubt it.

I have to say besides Phish, this is pretty weak and quite a let down of all the possibilities.

Is this a shock, that such a sucky sucker as Jimmy Fallon (or the even suckier suckers who produce his show) came up with a buncha lame-os? If I may channel the "Shit My Dad Says" dude for a moment, what else do you expect to come out of the hind end of a dog than dogshit?

The weeks lineup, or so I heard.

Mon: Green Day

Tues: Keith Urban

Wed: Sheryl Crow

Thur: Phish

Fri: doesn't say, just says official release and a picture of the album. Rumor has it that the Stones might show up, doubt it.

I have to say besides Phish, this is pretty weak and quite a let down of all the possibilities.

I think it is fine...don't forget Wilco opened up for Crow and.........

Green Day...I know a lot of hatred over on this board but certainly a Hall of Fame band with a great front man.

Keith Urban...did you ever see him live....man can play guitar.

Phish.....no arguement that this is a natural.

Green Day...I know a lot of hatred over on this board but certainly a Hall of Fame band with a great front man.

She also played with the Stones. Her story is in the According To. . .The Rolling Stones book.

Is this a shock, that such a sucky sucker as Jimmy Fallon (or the even suckier suckers who produce his show) came up with a buncha lame-os? If I may channel the "Shit My Dad Says" dude for a moment, what else do you expect to come out of the hind end of a dog than dogshit?

Damn.

Fallon isn't a genius, but the guy has The Roots as his house band. He does a brilliant Neil Young. And he's a huge Stones fan who was most likely the idea man behind a concept called 'Exile On Main Street week' (read that phrase again and revel in the awesome potential for a sec), which I'd wager is turning out not exactly what he had dreamed.

Guest Ordinary Beehive

I like Jimmy Fallon. Always have. He's not my favorite, but something about his demeanor is funny to me. I've only watched a few shows (not a big late night guy anymore), but I've enjoyed them.

I'm looking forward to Phish on Thursday. I'm wondering which tune they'll play, since we know they can play them all.

I am also looking forward to Sheryl Crow. I like her. Don't much care about Green Day and I don't even know who Keith Urban is.

Wilco opened for Natalie Merchant also, and I am not going to go suck up to her garbage. That tour was painful especially watching her come on stage and dance during some songs.

Crow has one ok album, after that she blows. Her covers are boring and besides her one album her songs are passionless.

Green Day = terrible pop punk.

Keith Who?

Wilco opened for Natalie Merchant also, and I am not going to go suck up to her garbage. That tour was painful especially watching her come on stage and dance during some songs.

Crow has one ok album, after that she blows. Her covers are boring and besides her one album her songs are passionless.

Green Day = terrible pop punk.

Keith Who?

This.

That Green Day version was pretty tight. I liked it.

Not gettin' the drummer dislike: just looked like he was playin' it straight to me. I used to get a kick out of him immediately running off stage after a tune finishes....He's not even doing that these days, looks like.

Well Green Day certainly brought it for "Rip This Joint"

I don't particularly enjoy the vocals of Green Day, but the band as a whole did well.

Taj Mahal tried something different, but did not work for me.

Just watched. I thought Taj was great and that Green Day was awful.

Taj has emotion, subtlety, space, and makes the song his own. Green Day doesn't and didn't.

Diff'rent strokes, I guess.

Keith Urban's version of Tumbling Dice - really liked this version. Pretty straight forward but Urban (and band) played great and seemed "into" it. Nice to see Chuck Leavell. I like the low opening notes to Urban's guitar solo. Shout out to Nashville was appropriate, too.

Just watched. I thought Taj was great and that Green Day was awful.

Taj has emotion, subtlety, space, and makes the song his own. Green Day doesn't and didn't.

Diff'rent strokes, I guess.

That was my take on it too.

Hearing Taj's voice sing "Shine a Light"... well, I thought that was just wonderful.

No shit.

Hey there poster some people around here need that clarification. Another poster implied that S. Crow was a good choice for this weeks lineup because Wilco opened for her.

...writing about Crow, it took two seconds of her singing to tell me this rendition was going to blow chunks.