Rolling Stones' Exile On Main Street Week

Do you think the speed has changed? To me, it sounds slower. I have an original pressing. I have not heard it in a long time though.

I did not notice any change of speed, but I only listened to it twice and I already loaned it to my neighbor. When I get it back I'll take a closer listen.

I did not see anyone mentioning it on the Hoffman page.

Would be cool to have an original pressing...How did you get that?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have always given me record albums - since I was a little kid. Although, I suppose it has not happened in a while now. The dude who gave me the Exile record bought it the day it came out, but I don't think he played it very often - as it was in good shape when he gave the record to me back in the early 1990s.

I think a lot of times the records I received were going to be thrown away. Instead, they were given to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I bought a bunch of cds a while back - and I got the two disc version of the Exile and Main Street while I was at it. I have to say it does sound very bright. I was expecting a booklet with some essays or some notes about the sessions. No (tumbling) dice.

Holy Crap - those new vocals on the old tracks are terrible.

I'd say I wasted my money. Oh well.

I feel the same way. I wasn't really all that in love with Exile anyway. The remastered release and the extras did absolutely NOTHING to improve it for me.

I listened to it again this morning and the bonus disc does leave a lot to be desired and the vocals are the biggest culprit. I don't think it was a complete waste, though - I still like the music and the two "authentic" songs on the disc are good.

I guess there is talk off a Some Girls deluxe edition, hopefully they will do better with that one, but I am not counting on it.

There's also the Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out boxset from a couple of years ago. I never bought it.

I never did either. My brother in law has it and I listened to some of the extras - they were okay, though I think a few, if not all, of the Stones extras tracks were on the Gimme Shelter Criterion release.

Another thing regarding the Exile release, as people stated in this thread, the DVD that came with the Super Deluxe was piece of crap for the most part - I streamed it on Netflix one afternoon - I am glad I did not spring for the Exile Super Deluxe edition.

• 2 months later...

http://www.stonesarchivestore.com/Product.aspx?cp=53655&pc=BGDDRS67

Perhaps the Stones think the CD is dying off, too. I prefer a physical format, but with bootlegs like The Brussels Affair which is so widely available, I could see why they would go with the downloads. No point of putting money into packaging.

There is a video of Keith and Mick talking about the show - didn't realize Keith's completely gray, now - it's a good look.