Thank You Friends [big Star]

----------------------

The Late Greats

I'm A Wheel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great show! i haven't been keeping up with wilco lately. i was completely unaware that they do an acoustic set. more like the moon, someday some morning and not for the season were huge surprises at a full band show. easily the best wilco concert i've been to. might have to try and get tickets for tomorrow night...

WILCO WAS HUGE.

i host a show called BROS 4 LIFE on WBAR - Barnard College Radio from 2AM-4AM on Friday Nights/Sat Mornings, and tonight I'm dedicating the show to tonights Wilco show. it was amazing. will be recaping... if you want to join the discussion throw me an IM at NALBERT721 on AIM...

tune in if you want to hear a recording i made of handshake drugs during the show... EXCLUSIVEEEE

anyway, in an hour, if you want, tune in:

playlists: http://wbar.wordpress.com

stream: http://server.wbar.org/wbar3.m3u (opens in itunes)

hope you tune in

What a great show this was! I mean, really. I'm so glad I had the foresight months ago to realize I probably didn't want to miss this tour. I don't think I stopped grinning for the duration of the stripped-down set. Possibly the whole show.

More Like the Moon. :wub

Show was incredible, More like the Moon was the highlight of the acoustic set, and acoustic Passenger Side was also great. The other highlight of the show was definitely Red Eyed and Blue/I Got You, ive been waiting for that one for a while, and it was SOOOO Sweet!

Jeff seemed to be in a good mood throughout the show. The first free dinner went to a guy who requested impossible germany, and Jeff called him out for "wasting a request" on a song that was already going to be played. The second dinner went to someone who requested a song Tweedy didn't name, but said they weren't gonna play as they "didn't remember it". Would have loved to know what it was.

I grabbed a look at somebody's setlist they got from the soundboard area. Sunken treasure was supposed to be on for the acoustic set (maybe instead of war on war?), and Kingpin was originally pencilled in as the first encore instead of Late Greats. There might have been other changes, but thats all i caught. Overall, INCREDIBLE SHOW!!! 3 hours long, couldn't ask for more.

The second dinner went to someone who requested a song Tweedy didn't name, but said they weren't gonna play as they "didn't remember it". Would have loved to know what it was.

Certainly don't take my word as gospel on this one, but I hear it was Feed of Man. :ninja

WILCO WAS HUGE.

i host a show called BROS 4 LIFE on WBAR - Barnard College Radio from 2AM-4AM on Friday Nights/Sat Mornings, and tonight I'm dedicating the show to tonights Wilco show. it was amazing. will be recaping... if you want to join the discussion throw me an IM at NALBERT721 on AIM...

tune in if you want to hear a recording i made of handshake drugs during the show... EXCLUSIVEEEE

anyway, in an hour, if you want, tune in:

playlists: http://wbar.wordpress.com

stream: http://server.wbar.org/wbar3.m3u (opens in itunes)

hope you tune in

alright, i'm on the air in 5 minutes, tune in/interact if you can!

hear jeff tweedy say "mike the situation jorgensen"

This was a really wonderful performance. The rendition of Broken Arrow was spot on and well received. Jeff joked about New Jersey, referencing the trainwreck that is the "Jersey Shore", saying that none of the crowd were like the reality show, "only 60 to 70 percent of you". Also poking fun at the age of the crowd in Bethesda, MD saing that they were the parents of the kids that attended shows at the 9:30 club in DC, and launching into a "they were so old that..." joke that cracked himself up, saing "last time I heard that I fell off my hippie". The mood was light and fun and the music was heavy and loud. Great sound, great venue.

Great time, great show - a marathon for sure!

Highlights for me were:

-The transition from the stripped down set back to normal in Airline to Heaven... loved how everyone grabbed the tambourines (minus Jeff and Nels) and moved backward - sounded really smooth.

-Via Chicago: Every time I see them play it live, I remember why I love the song so much. Jeff playing with the same tone, emotion, straight through while Nels and Glen give an emotional roller coaster. I was there with my brother who, right after the song, turned to me and said "I finally get it"

- Red Eyed and Blue into I Got You - just rocking... so glad we got it. Then following it up with a killer version of Broken Arrow. Great stretch there

- Obviously the acoustic set; had high expectations and they delivered - Jeff saying that More Like The Moon is the slowest song they have outside Dash 7 - and their not going to play Dash 7 :(. My first time hearing Lammy Cat and Passenger Side.

- Pot Kettle Black really clicked for me; they really changed up the make up of the song.. thought that was super cool.

Things that sort of bummed me out:

- An all time annoying guy on the far left side of the balcony. Just causing problems and ruined the concert for a nice couple in front of us. Really to bad, felt terrible for the two of them.

- Kingpin on the set list but didn't get played!!!!

Can't wait for tonight - I think they mix it up pretty good...