Wilco Solid Sound Festival

http://www.massmoca.org/event_details.php?id=553

:blink

Jeff announced it during the Boston show webcast tonight. Check it out!

Wilco Solid Sound Festival

August 13 - 15, 2010

Courtyard D

April 9 - May 31, $78, June 1 - August 15, $91. NO MEMBER DISCOUNT.

With a vibrant roster of musical performances, sound sculpture, comedy, demonstrations and more curated by Chicago-based band Wilco, the Solid Sound Festival will unfold over three days at MASS MoCA's factory campus in the Berkshires on August 13-15, 2010. This festival will feature two headline performances by Wilco, plus individual performances by all the Wilco members' side projects including: Glenn Kotche's On Fillmore, The Nels Cline Singers, The Autumn Defense featuring John Stirratt and Pat Sansone and Mikael Jorgensen's Pronto. Festival is outdoors, rain or shine.

Solid Sound Festival at MASS MoCA begins on the evening of Friday, August 13, and runs through approximately 6 PM Sunday, August 15. Not exclusively a music event, the festival will offer a fully programmed comedy stage and many interactive installations and exhibits. Plus festival attendees will have full access to the MASS MoCA campus, including the galleries.

Festival goers will be able to participate in an interactive guitar pedal exhibit with Wilco guitarist Nels Cline, a concert-poster silk screening demonstration, a drum and percussion workshop by Wilco drummer Glenn Kotche, and workshops with guitar makers or try out the solid sound stompbox station. Film and video installations, and DJs will fill out the events.

Art on display during the festival will include the Sol LeWitt Retrospective (chosen #1 exhibition of the year by Time magazine); Inigo Manglano Ovalle's Gravity is a Force to be Reckoned with; a major exhibition of work by Petah Coyne; Material World: Sculpture to Environment, a group exhibition; Leonard Nimoy's Secret Selves; and a new installation by Michael Oatman.

Tickets for will go on sale online on Friday, April 9 at 10 AM through www.massmoca.org or at 11 AM in person at the MASS MoCA Box Office Tickets are general admission. THE FESTIVAL IS OUTDOORS RAIN OR SHINE.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.massmoca.org/event_details.php?id=553

:blink

Jeff announced it during the Boston show webcast tonight. Check it out!

HOLY CRAP! It'll be the highlight of my summer!

This is from another article:

The festival will feature two headlining performances by Wilco as well as performances by the band members’ side projects — The Autumn Defense, On Fillmore, The Nels Cline Singers, and Pronto — and “additional music by both Wilco and some of the band’s favorite artists.”

"Additional music by Wilco?" Dear God, how? :lol

Yeah. I figured it was worth locking in a room, especially since I can cancel anytime before August 10. A little overpriced, but not bad considering the area.

Seems like the best option, and very close!

That place called "Porches" looks awesome (albeit pricey), but no openings for that weekend. I wonder if they are going to offer some travel pkgs???

Porches is awesome and run by MassMoCA. I checked there, too. I assume that's where the band will stay. I'll be at the Holiday Inn.

Earlier info said tix would be available through MassMoCA's site (which made me nervous) but now I see this:

Tickets for SOLID SOUND FESTIVAL are on sale this Friday, April 9 through the bandʼs

official website wilcoworld.net and through solidsoundfestival.com.

I wonder which is the better bet. Need to get my game plan together for Friday morning. I think this will be the first time that I buy Wilckets and see them on the same day!! Whoo!

WOW, I went to their folk fest over the summer (josh ritter, ben kweller, kaki king, elvis perkins). It was AMAZING! Im crushed I'll miss this, I'll be in basic for the army, I'll be having the exact opposite of fun!

I just remembered that I took this picture at MassMoCA a couple years ago when I was on a Wilco.Now faux vandalism jag. There was this amazing exhibit there that you could contribute to and this was my temporary contribution, documented for posterity. What would we be without wishful thinking, indeed!

This is from another article:

"Additional music by Wilco?" Dear God, how? :lol

Oohh where's that article? I'm pretty sure Neil Finn is in the US then.. just wild speculation. Would it be horribly indulgant of me to come from Aus and do a Wilco/Crowded House tour of the US?? Talk me out of this people...

The possibilities of who else could be involved in this are certainly tantalizing. Just to throw out one -- and I haven't checked their schedule or anything -- but Thurston and Kim don't live too far away. And obviously this is pure and complete speculation on my part, but Sean Lennon was just at one of the recent Montclair shows. I could see his The Ghost Of A Saber Toothed Tiger project fitting into this shindig as well.

Just reserved accomodation at the Holiday Inn too. No one talked me out of it in time. Just doing time conversions to work out when the tickets go on sale, would Massachusetts be Easterm time? Thinking that makes it on sale here about midnight. Can't even pronounce the place!

Just reserved accomodation at the Holiday Inn too. No one talked me out of it in time. Just doing time conversions to work out when the tickets go on sale, would Massachusetts be Easterm time? Thinking that makes it on sale here about midnight. Can't even pronounce the place!

Yes, it's Eastern time.

I don't think you need to purchase tickets at exactly the time tickets go on sale. They are general admission for a three day event. People will be coming and going. I wouldn't be surprised if tens of thousands of people will come through the event over the weekend. I don't think it is possible to sell out like a regular Wilco concert in a theater. But if you buy them early you get a bit of a discount. I'd be more worried about finding a room to stay in near by to avoid long travel distances everyday.