Wilco Solid Sound Festival

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to mount a campaign to get "Let's Not Get Carried Away" on the top of the request list for MASS MoCA. If you are unsure of what song to request...request that one!

Seeing that this weekend will draw lots of hardcore Wilco fans, do you think that the band is going to play some deep cuts?

If I didn't already have tickets for Robert Randolph opening for Mule Friday night and Grace Potter & The Nocturnals Saturday night at the Lake Champlain Maritime Festival (Burlington Waterfront Park) I would be all over this.....oh well, musical diversity is the spice of life

I am so pumped for this festival, the first true Wilco fest! Fantasy band camp will be a blast. FYI, The picture of my avatar is of an old mixing board at the entrance to Mass Moca. Anyways, just wanted to let all know there are still camping spots available at Clarksburg State Park, 3.5 miles from the venue. At $14 a night with showers and bikeable from town, its a no brainer for me. It seems closer to town with several direct road accesses, closer than Savoy Mt. I got one of the last lake side spots but there are 50% of sites left. I will be there all weekend and having friends and family intermittenly, so it will be great for one-nighters and the kiddies. If we can formulate a plan, perhaps a Wilco group BBQ could be in store at the campground?

I vowed to return to the MASS MOCA after a truly religious art experience the same weekend as Stephen Malkmus and The Jicks. That was a blast, but this will be outside and the grounds are really cool with installation art in and amongst all the factory buildings with art all over them too! The art alone is worth coming to this museum, its all interactive and you can walk through it or sleep next to it, whateva you want to do, sometimes you have the whole room, its a really trippy place and worthy of psychedelics, so enjoy I will! If you are staying at the Holiday Inn, you are set, its a block away and at the heart of the city. This place is a unique run-down mill town rehabbed by retiring New York artists. Lots of biking and history to check out. The museum food is surprisingly good as well, like Au Bon Pain.

Anyways, just wanted to let all know there are still camping spots available at Clarksburg State Park, 3.5 miles from the venue. At $14 a night with showers and bikeable from town, its a no brainer for me. It seems closer to town with several direct road accesses, closer than Savoy Mt. I got one of the last lake side spots but there are 50% of sites left.

I think i'm giving up on the other site and booking here. Three nights for $51.25 can't be beat. I have a question. How many tents can you put in one spot? If you have 3-4 people can you put two tents in one spot? I'm about to reserve on line for three nights Thursday - Saturday.

Faxman:

"Don't overcrowd you campsite. Please limit site occupancy to four people or one family (parents and children 17 or under). Please limit site equipment to two tents or one trailer or RV and one tent. Also, please no more than two vehicles per campsite."

It was only a goolge click away :D

I just reserved my site at Clarksburg, if anyone hears back form the folks at windsor lake can you post some info, I'd rather stay there.

SG

I take exception to this being referred to as W(TF). :shifty

Seeing that it's on the Aug.15th weekend and not that far from Yasgur's farm - how about Wilcostock?

Faxman:

"Don't overcrowd you campsite. Please limit site occupancy to four people or one family (parents and children 17 or under). Please limit site equipment to two tents or one trailer or RV and one tent. Also, please no more than two vehicles per campsite."

It was only a goolge click away :D

I just reserved my site at Clarksburg, if anyone hears back form the folks at windsor lake can you post some info, I'd rather stay there.

SG

LOL hey Faxman any one know how to use google

what's everyone thinking in terms of a jim orourke appearance? I know he's in japan but I would love nothing more than a Loose Fur set!

How about the Minus 5? A "Down with Wilco" session... Peter Buck & Jeff Tweedy on same stage ... ahhhgghhaahhhhh (sound Homer Simpson would make if locked alone in a fully stocked donut shop.)

i cant wait for this festival! i might just sleep in my outback, we should grill and have some jams! im gonna bring my guitar. seriously, lets all meet up. this should be a lot of fun

As a Wilco fan and parent of a young Wilco fan, I'm a little bummed that kids are free only if they're 6 and under. Most festivals we go to, kids are free under 12. This seems a little family. The great thing about summer festivals is the mix of the crowd; young and old, families and university students.

We were thinking about making this part of our summer holiday travels, but charging for kids ain't cool.

Any parents on the forum that feel the same way?

As a Wilco fan and parent of a young Wilco fan, I'm a little bummed that kids are free only if they're 6 and under. Most festivals we go to, kids are free under 12. This seems a little family. The great thing about summer festivals is the mix of the crowd; young and old, families and university students.

We were thinking about making this part of our summer holiday travels, but charging for kids ain't cool.

Any parents on the forum that feel the same way?

I take exception to this being referred to as W(TF). :shifty

Seeing that it's on the Aug.15th weekend and not that far from Yasgur's farm - how about Wilcostock?

I think Wilcostock definately has a ring to it. Its what I'm calling it anyway. I'm stoked as I now have a friend from San Francisco coming accross for it. There's company in my ... side?

Hey I have two crazy Wilcoheads both under 6 and am seriously considering making this trip part of our summer vacation , especially with all the state parks I see on the maps I'm looking at.

So here is my question : is anyone else considering taking their kids? Does anyone know the start times for the 2 Wilco shows ?

Thanks for your help

hi there,

i got a ticket for this on friday when they went on sale.

i'm coming solo.  (i met some of you in philly on saturday, i was the guy in line without a ticket in front of the kids with the stereo).  (HUGE THANKS TO KEVIN FOR THE TICKET THROUGH THIS SITE!!!).

i guess a hotel is out, i don't mind camping and biking to the venue from a page over or even a farther site and a drive.

since its just me and space is limited, if anyone wants to split a campsite please let me know..... cthoop @ gmail

29 male, i don't drink, but don't mind drinking or smoking, etc. etc.

also, would split a room if anyone is interested.  just looking not to monopolize a campground that can accommodate 4 when its just me.

thanks,

chris

Hey I have two crazy Wilcoheads both under 6 and am seriously considering making this trip part of our summer vacation , especially with all the state parks I see on the maps I'm looking at.

So here is my question : is anyone else considering taking their kids? Does anyone know the start times for the 2 Wilco shows ?

Thanks for your help

My kids are coming but they are 9 and 12. Their first show was Tanglewoods a couple of years ago so my little on was 7. The crowds at Wilco shows are definitely kid friendly and of the three shows we've gone to with them there are always other kids there. Oh and make sure to get some hearing protection for the little ones.

I think the tickets say Wilco is playing at 7:00pm