Wilco Solid Sound Festival

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep Blue Organ trio is a good group. Check 'em out.

I have checked them out. I have seen them a couple times at least (and Bobby Broom more than that). They are regulars at jazz fest and play the Green Mill about every week. I am not bad rapping them at all, just saying that two sets when others only get one seems excessive. But then again they have been dragged all the way from Chicago, so I guess they need the work.

LouieB

I hate to have to do this, but I'm not going to be able to make it to the festival and need to sell my tickets and cancel my hotel room. I'll sell two tix for $150 (below presale)and work with anyone who needs a nice hotel room - we have reserved the Moroccan room at the Topia Inn (http://topiainn.com/). It's definitely not cheap, but looks to be a really nice place and is particularly known for being very "green". It's located in Adams, reportedly about 10 minutes from MASSMoCA. If I don't hear from anyone in the next few days I'll just cancel the room, but would like to see someone from the board get it if anyone's interested. If the tix and room don't move soon I'll eventually post in the "How to fight loneliness" section but thought I might get a quicker response here.

Bummed...

Sorry to read above of Life getting in the way and people unable to make Solid Sound..

Hope they get the chance to get out soon and see em :rock

Speaking of Solid Sound

If Torrential Rains is Performance moved inside...

Here's to Sunny Skies :yes :shifty

Sorry to read above of Life getting in the way and people unable to make Solid Sound..

Hope they get the chance to get out soon and see em :rock

Speaking of Solid Sound

If Torrential Rains is Performance moved inside...

Here's to Sunny Skies :yes :shifty

from the tickets section of festival site:

This is a rain or shine event. Ages 6 & under free

On-site parking is free, but limited. Designated off-site parking will be serviced by a free shuttle. We strongly encourage carpooling, walking, bi- or uni-cycling and will provide convenient and secure bike valet services.

You MAY bring: sealed or empty water bottles, blankets, strollers and chairs. Bag check will be available inside for any disallowed items.

NO glass, pets, alcohol, coolers, picnic baskets or smoking allowed at MASS MoCA. Large bags, backpacks, and umbrellas are discouraged, as they will not be allowed in the galleries.

Will beer be served? Could be a long day with no refreshments....

I would be very surprised if alcohol is not available. I've never been to any event at a museum that didn't involve alcohol but I don't know for certain.

Did anyone enter the photo contest? I wanted to but couldn't get my act together.

I did. I had a great idea but needed to enlist the help of others...and all others failed me. So I found a Wilco-y/Summer-y photo from my archives, yes, archives.