Wilco Solid Sound Festival

I like the one with my son in it playing guitar. Notice the strap, straight from grandma's bathrobe. (The other photos are great as well)

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, definitely some good ones. i really like the black and white one w/ the girl on the car, but it would make a lousy label...hence, my vote for the hot dog (also an excellent photo, and very evocative of summer).

I didn't like the framing on the hotdog, if they had gotten the entire hotdog in the picture I would've liked it better.

I really do like the "drive in" image but I'm not so sure it was a fair choice. This is picky but when I read the terms, it stated no alteration and that it must be a single work. I'm being picky because I would have entered if I thought I could have gotten jazzy with Photoshop. However, good for whoever took the shot and shame on me for taking legal babble too seriously.

not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm wondering if anyone is headed back to NYC on Sunday, right after the festival. I'm driving up there with a couple friends but two of us (and the car) are gonna head up to Maine right after and that leaves my friend without a ride back to the city. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone's got room for one more back to NYC/Brooklyn.

On the ride sharing site on the website, there are no listings for people driving from Pittsfield to North Adams/North Adams to Pittsfield (unless I misread the site)

I was wondering if anyone will be making this drive, and if I might be able to get a ride there/back for a day (or more, if possible). I'm coming from Chicago and paying for this all based on a 30 hour a week/$8.25 an hour wages, so any help would be awesome. I'm willing to drop cash to pay for gas as well. Just anything to save me from the (apparent) $45 taxi ride...one way!

already scoping out the bathrooms I see.

So do I understand this right.... the Courtyard has no Greenspace it is 1 of a kind Asphalt Courtyard that we will be standing sitting on?

Oh well... only 4 Wilco...

Thanks for the pics I will be sure to bring a chair as a blanket will not cut it.

I just started listening to The Books - The Way out. This is the band from N. Adams and man this album is quite good. It's experimental and they use many sound bytes and the music backs it and sounds avant guarde and that can be a turn off but i'm really enjoying it. I suggest you all give it a listen if you get a chance. I'm looking forward to their performance.

So here's a question I hope someone out there can help me with. I know what days which bands are playing, but WHEN? Wilco and Jeff + top the lists on Saturday and Sunday, respectively, but that doesn't mean they'll be first to hit the stage, does it? I'd expect the headliners to play last---or at least, after dark.

Saturday luncheon plans with an email friend I've yet to meet despite 7 years of correspondence hang in the balance.

Thanks, everyone!

A few weeks back I emailed the solid sound festival crew asking about Wilco's set length, actually...answer wasn't too specific/helpful but here it is anyway:

"Wilco will be playing a full headline set. It's our festival and we'll do what we want... ;)"

prior I had mentioned that I was iffy on if I wanted to attend, due to the fact that I wouldn't want only a 16 song setlist (like we got at Lolla 08)...so I dno, maybe they mean a typical full length setlist (like they have done on tour, the 3+ hour gigs?)

Can't Wait To Cruise Up To Mass. Sporting My New License Plates. Just Came In The Mail Today!

I think it it would be awesome if we could one person from every state to do this.

Let's go folks, Only 49 more to go.

wilco Plate.jpg