Wilco Solid Sound Festival

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windsor Lake Campground. Try this number: 413 662 3198.

I got an answering machine but the message says they are taking reservations and will call you back.

As I said, it is quite a hike and North Adams has steep hills but it's possible if your determined, healthy and don't want to be bothered with a car. I'll list a longer but easier path to MOCA soon.

Best to everyone when tickets go on sale.

I'm going. I live 2 hrs away and it is just so beautiful in this area of the country in August. I simply can't imagine NOT going. Thing is: I have no one to go with. So, a 3 day weekend, alone? You bet. I suppose if I'm around a bunch of Wilconians like myself, I figure I'm not really the Lonely 1, right?

You wont regret it. The locals are friendly. :thumbup

Since you have some Aussies going, its now an "International festival". Very posh. Anyone else travelling alone, rest assured, I will talk your ear off. I mean you'll be faking an urgent phone call just to get away from me.

Got 2 tickets! And I've made a few reservations around town (all in the $130-$160 price range), just to be on the safe side. They were all refundable, so I plan to cancel all but one of them. If anyone's interested in taking over one of my reservations, let me know. Or if you are looking for a roommate, I think I'm going to need one. So far, I can't find anyone else interested in making the trip from Norfolk, VA. I'm 59, female, easygoing, rabid fan. BTW, my reservations are all at hotels/bed and breakfasts in Williamstown--I couldn't get anything in North Adams. Williamstown is apparently about 7 miles away.

Wow - that was easy... Front Gate had their shit together this morning. Got my three and a room booked at the Holiday Inn in N. Adams which got the morning after the Boston show. Got the third ticket for a friend who is coming from South Africa!!! Now, get some gas in the car and get on the road to Hartford. Feel caught on my sleep after Boston and Concord... Enjoy and see you in August!