Help me tour Belleville, IL

At the risk of sounding like a psycho stalker, I'm going to make this post:

I have to go to the Belleville, IL area next week for work and I would like to tour some of the old stomping grounds of Tweedy/UT/Wilco. Is something like that even possible? Are there any old stomping grounds to tour? When I read the book, "Learning How To Die" I seem to remember lots of talk about Jeff growing up there and the type of neighborhood he lived in and then later, the house that he and Jay F shared. Does anyone know where any of those places are?

No, I'm not looking to knock on Jeff's dad's door (if he still lives there) and harass him, I just figured since I was there anyway I might as well see where all the magic started.

Thanks.

I passed through once on a long road trip and easily found "the fountain" from "New Madrid". The main street through town runs right into it. I didn't have anybody to walk with me to it though.

I've been through there many times, trust me - there is not much to "tour". All the places to go are in St. Louis. Cicero's, Mississippi Nights, Euclid Records, Vintage Vinyl....

Hey im gonna be in st. louis for a week.

what is there to see about wilco?

ive yet to read the book...

I've been through there many times, trust me - there is not much to "tour". All the places to go are in St. Louis. Cicero's, Mississippi Nights, Euclid Records, Vintage Vinyl....