Dublin and Paradiso webcasts

hi all,

sorry if this isn't the right subforum for this question, but here goes.

with all the hubbub about webcasts and recording streams and everything over the last 2-3 days, it got me wondering if anyone had recorded the two streams that are currently available on the roadcase (dublin and paradiso). i was going to sit down and try to do this tonight, but i didn't want to take the time to record, split the tracks, tag the files, etc. if webcast-sourced recordings of them were already out there somewhere. i checked the usual suspects (O&B, BT, a few other places) and didn't see anything.

if they aren't recorded and i can do a decent job myself, i'll upload them somewhere within the next few days for anyone who's interested.

hi all,

sorry if this isn't the right subforum for this question, but here goes.

with all the hubbub about webcasts and recording streams and everything over the last 2-3 days, it got me wondering if anyone had recorded the two streams that are currently available on the roadcase (dublin and paradiso). i was going to sit down and try to do this tonight, but i didn't want to take the time to record, split the tracks, tag the files, etc. if webcast-sourced recordings of them were already out there somewhere. i checked the usual suspects (O&B, BT, a few other places) and didn't see anything.

if they aren't recorded and i can do a decent job myself, i'll upload them somewhere within the next few days for anyone who's interested.

Yes please!

okay, i went ahead and recorded these and they came out fine. i'll try to get them tracked and upped in the next few days. if i don't get them up right away, it'll just be because i'm working on dissertation stuff and it tends to ruin my free time for weeks at a time. but rest assured, i will get them uploaded sometime soon :)

okay, i went ahead and recorded these and they came out fine. i'll try to get them tracked and upped in the next few days. if i don't get them up right away, it'll just be because i'm working on dissertation stuff and it tends to ruin my free time for weeks at a time. but rest assured, i will get them uploaded sometime soon :)

Hi all, I said this over in the Boston roadcase thread, and it bears repeating here as well:

Happy listening, everyone. It's so terrific that not only do Wilco treat us to live webcasts, but they then share them again in the roadcase so that more people get to hear them. :worship to the hardworking people behind these gifts.

Those of you sharing these streams, please be sure to clearly mark that the source is a stream from the Roadcase, so as to clarify that it is a lesser-quality recording (Not, for example, high-quality mp3's such as the downloads to help Haiti that the band made available from the site.) Some listeners won't care, but others would want to know. Streaming, by its nature, is a more lossy format.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I said this over in the Boston roadcase thread, and it bears repeating here as well:

Happy listening, everyone. It's so terrific that not only do Wilco treat us to live webcasts, but they then share them again in the roadcase so that more people get to hear them. :worship to the hardworking people behind these gifts.

Those of you sharing these streams, please be sure to clearly mark that the source is a stream from the Roadcase, so as to clarify that it is a lesser-quality recording (Not, for example, high-quality mp3's such as the downloads to help Haiti that the band made available from the site.) Some listeners won't care, but others would want to know. Streaming, by its nature, is a more lossy format.

Thanks!

finally got my computer back from HP, so i will ACTUALLY be getting these up in the next few days.

also, yes, i do a fair amount of show trading elsewhere so i'm familiar with marking source lineage and will make sure to mark these as roadcase streams. thanks for the reminder, though :)

finally got my computer back from HP, so i will ACTUALLY be getting these up in the next few days.

also, yes, i do a fair amount of show trading elsewhere so i'm familiar with marking source lineage and will make sure to mark these as roadcase streams. thanks for the reminder, though :)

Thanks locke! Looking forward to these!

I appreciate this, and so does Wilco HQ! ;)

anybody have any idea what bitrate the roadcase streams run at? i'm converting the tracks to mp3 before uploading them and didn't know how low i could go without losing any sound integrity. 192k, maybe?

anybody have any idea what bitrate the roadcase streams run at? i'm converting the tracks to mp3 before uploading them and didn't know how low i could go without losing any sound integrity. 192k, maybe?

Any luck on this locke? Some of the charity downloads from Wilco have been at 192k.

Any luck on this locke? Some of the charity downloads from Wilco have been at 192k.

i did the whole thing in 256k, because i couldn't imagine they would be higher than that. just finished tagging all the files and they're uploading now. should be done in an hour or two. is it common practice to just post the download links, or should i give it out via PMs? does it matter?

okay, well for now:

i have both concerts uploaded in 256k CBR mp3. the sound is pretty great for a webcast, though the amsterdam show records with a little more static (maybe a lower bitrate?) in the background throughout for some reason. the static is really inaudible unless you turn the volume up very, very high though. i tried recording both concerts a number of times with a number of different programs and settings, and yet still had this problem with the amsterdam stream, and not the dublin stream. it's really weird, but again shouldn't effect your enjoyment of the show at all unless you're cranking a huge stereo system to massive volume levels or something. also, there's a small skip in "Jesus, Etc." on the dublin show which i tried for about an hour to edit out in audacity and had no luck, so i left it in. otherwise, both streams should be free of skips, flubs, etc.

there shouldn't be any other problems, but if there are, let me know and i'll try to iron them out, as i kept the original .wav streams on my hard drive.

i'm just going to say for now to PM me if you want a link to download the shows, and if someone lets me know if it's cool to post the links directly on here, i'll post them in this thread. thanks for your patience!